• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lets us peek at your Screens!

well since Ive had my phone for a week i have a lot more shots and transformation to share. chronological order starting from 1 hour old lol

I just installed ADW.Launcher and love the elegant simplicity. However, I've lost the ability to add a lot of the widgets that were available before. I can understand the loss of the HTC widgets, but a lot of the stock Google Android widgets are missing too (calendar, weather, music).

Anyone have any advice?

Reactions: Kevinrayroach
Upvote 0
I just installed ADW.Launcher and love the elegant simplicity. However, I've lost the ability to add a lot of the widgets that were available before. I can understand the loss of the HTC widgets, but a lot of the stock Google Android widgets are missing too (calendar, weather, music).

Anyone have any advice?

You know where to find an APK on it? It's not showing on the market atm

Upvote 0
Gawd, I have to say, what is with all the people quoting others, but including ALL the pictures in the post?? It takes up WAY too much page real estate here, and I'm on a 22" monitor browsing the forum. I can only imagine worse on our phones... why not just take one picture from their list of 12 instead of sprawling ALL 12 down the page?? We CAN click the source of your quote to view the other pictures, just get one or two that pertain to your inquiry! I don't need to see the same 12 pictures on ONE page 5 times, making me wish I had a motor on my mouse wheel so I can get the bottom within the hour!

Upvote 0
Gawd, I have to say, what is with all the people quoting others, but including ALL the pictures in the post?? It takes up WAY too much page real estate here, and I'm on a 22" monitor browsing the forum. I can only imagine worse on our phones... why not just take one picture from their list of 12 instead of sprawling ALL 12 down the page?? We CAN click the source of your quote to view the other pictures, just get one or two that pertain to your inquiry! I don't need to see the same 12 pictures on ONE page 5 times, making me wish I had a motor on my mouse wheel so I can get the bottom within the hour!

lmao, i know. But take it easy man they are probably new to forums..(hopefully)

Upvote 0
snap20100606211705.png

snap20100606211717.png

Icons I added

snap20100606211845.png

Reactions: Kevinrayroach
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I read somewhere (probably this forum) that the live wallpapers don't really use more battery power due to the way that LCDs work. . . something about the backlight using all the battery power, not the crystals themselves changing color? Is this true? Has anyone noticed any battery difference in using live/static wallpapers?

Upvote 0
I read somewhere (probably this forum) that the live wallpapers don't really use more battery power due to the way that LCDs work. . . something about the backlight using all the battery power, not the crystals themselves changing color? Is this true? Has anyone noticed any battery difference in using live/static wallpapers?

the battery drain still comes form the processor working harder than with a static image, its similar to constantly playing a video in the background (not as severe of course)

Upvote 0
well, guess i'll show what i have thus far. still adding/tweaking stuff
center, to left, then right

snap20100608_090317.png

snap20100608_090321.png

snap20100608_090324.png

snap20100608_090327.png

snap20100608_090331.png

snap20100608_090336.png

snap20100608_090341.png

i'd also like to say that i love the app launcher in stock android, but i gotta have my friendstream widget in Sense UI. maybe after some root roms come out someone will make a stock android launcher to replace the app/phone/add on the Sense UI. that would be my ideal setup.
snap20100608_090331.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones