Let's wrist mount this suckerTips

1. Konraden

Konraden Member

Because there are no commercial versions of any kind of real wearable computer (Still haven't seen anything new about the Zypad), I figured why not jerry-rig a wrist-computer by mounting a smartphone to my wrist.

Except I'm not positive how to do it yet. Aside from a custom molded band (which I don't have the skill to do), what's the best alternative? I thought maybe an exercise armband, but it seemed too wide. I've thought about a hard (or soft) case with a two-inch strap through it, but that could potentially fall out, as being a slider, it mounts on bottom and on top.

The keyboard doesn't have to be accessible, so a one-piece silicone or similar case would work, but the question remains of actually how to mount the strap to the case itself. I've considered perhaps beltclips, but they are unstable and entirely too bulky.

Ideas?

Advertisement
    :
  2. jlander9

jlander9 New Member

Hey there, glad to see someone else who wants to wrist mount! first off general dynamics just came out with the gd300 which is a wrist mounted android phone for military applications. Ive been working on a design for my galaxy S fascinate for a few months now. I love my otterbox case so its a kydex formed snap case to fit over otterbox and then an adjustable spandex sleeve that gives off a sort of pip boy fallout feeling. kydex isnt too expensive and its tough plastic, used for holsters etc and you heat it in the oven and then mold it. im still iffy on my mounting and adjustable portion as well but tell me whatcha think and ill post more as time comes.

-Jay
  3. seepage

seepage Well-Known Member

Your phones are probably a different size and shape than ours are.
  4. blueprintrand

blueprintrand New Member

just get an child size or small arm band style case, and wear it on your wrist :)
    or you could go overboard like me and (I cant post my link yet :(

I have a youtube of my tactcom
  5. moorken

moorken Well-Known Member

thats what Android is all about :) "An android is a robot or synthetic organism designed to look and act like a human"
    i've seen a guy in my gym walking around with his samung galaxy S attached to his wrist, i'm pretty sure its not custom made. so it must be available somewhere.