1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Level Editors for Games

Level editor or no

1. A smaller, limited, but PROFESSIONAL, perfect game. With all levels made for you.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. That same game with the below described level editor.

3 vote(s)
    100.0%

Last Updated:

1. Gray

Gray New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey AndroidForums,

I'm working with an Android game development company, and we are producing a new physics based game. But we have an issue, I'm currently locked in a dispute with my coworker over the possibility of a level editor for the game.

The level editor in this case, allows people to draw levels on top of images, with dynamic objects such as boxes & tilted lines.

He claims this would be unprofessional ( I say different, since it would be released as a separate app from the game).

So I'd just like to ask AndroidForums, would you rather have:

- A smaller, limited, but PROFESSIONAL, perfect game. With all levels made for you.

OR

- That same game with the limited level editor, just as a toy to the user. The same game but the user can modify it, make physics worlds, smash objects into eachother made in the editor and have more fun with the game in general.

Advertisement
  2. SpoonerPS3

SpoonerPS3 Member

The level editor would be nice as long as you can share your levels with other people. Something like Little Big Planet on the PS3.