• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LF a video-converter (avi to mp4)

Aveyz

Lurker
Apr 2, 2010
My problem is that i'm trying to find a video-converter that lets me convert a video for my xperia that will have maximun resolution (854x480).

I've tryed several converters but can't find a single easy to use converter. I found one called "Super" and it somhow wasn't compatibel with my windows7...

Anyone has a good tip on a converter?

also you can try tmpegenc with the following settings:

Video:
container: iPod video
Profile: Baseline
Level: Automatic (Level 4.1 and less)
Size: 854 x 480
Firmrate: 30fps
Rate control mode: 1 pass Constant bitrate
Average bitrate: 1500

Audio:
Encoder type: AAC encoder
Sampling rate: 48000
Channel mode: Stereo
Bitrate: 128
MPEG version: MPEG-4 (ISO/IEC 14496-3)
Object type: Low Complexity
Output format: Raw

Upvote 0
Brunswick, pick any one and then go to settings to create a new profile so you can enter in the setup for the x10. Most important is to enter in the height and width to encode to fit on your x10.

When in new profile, go to videos and in width, enter 854 and height 480. Then when you encode, click on the device you created the profile in, and select your profile.

Upvote 0
One other question now that i have started a conversion. In videora when you begin to go through the 3 steps the 3rd step shows you the settings with various slider bars. Well I moved some of these bars, format to widescreen, high quality audio and video etc.... Now this made the outcome file slightly larger but did this alter the conversion settings profile that I made? Should I have just left everything on those little sliders the way they were?

Upvote 0
If you don't change the resolution, your video files will not fill the screen and will look small as I have tested. When I changed the resolution to what it is meant to be for the x10, it fully fit on the screen and looks great.

I had the issue of not having a clue what i was doing lol and initially just converted things with mostly defaul settings with the profile of any of the 3 android handsets built in. When i put them in the phone they were indeed only about half size on the screen but a quick double tap on the vid and its full screen :D it still looks great to me so anyone who fancies being lazy like me lol you can still watch things in full screen.

Upvote 0
Well I put the video I converted on the phone and it does look awesome. But the one big disapointment was that the volume of the audio was really low when using the phones speakers, is there a way to improve this when converting at all?

I haven't tried earphones yet as I left mine at work but does it sound a lot better with them?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones