LF a video-converter (avi to mp4)Support

Last Updated:

1. Aveyz

Aveyz Member This Topic's Starter

My problem is that i'm trying to find a video-converter that lets me convert a video for my xperia that will have maximun resolution (854x480).

I've tryed several converters but can't find a single easy to use converter. I found one called "Super" and it somhow wasn't compatibel with my windows7...

Anyone has a good tip on a converter?

Advertisement
  2. SuperMuna

SuperMuna Active Member

Total Video Converter. best converter for anything in my opinion. PS3, Xbox, Phones, virtually any device.

3. SuperMuna

SuperMuna Active Member

also you can try tmpegenc with the following settings:

Video:
    container: iPod video
    Profile: Baseline
    Level: Automatic (Level 4.1 and less)
    Size: 854 x 480
    Firmrate: 30fps
    Rate control mode: 1 pass Constant bitrate
    Average bitrate: 1500

Audio:
    Encoder type: AAC encoder
    Sampling rate: 48000
    Channel mode: Stereo
    Bitrate: 128
    MPEG version: MPEG-4 (ISO/IEC 14496-3)
    Object type: Low Complexity
    Output format: Raw

4. sleepless

sleepless Well-Known Member

Aveyz likes this.
  5. Aveyz

tryed videora and was not convinced, but i will try the others asap!

Cheers

6. Aveyz

7. Brunswick

Brunswick Active Member

Downloaded the videora converter for the X10 and on initial setup it says that you must choose the appropriate device but only lists the G1 or HTC Dream or Magic. Which one do you choose as im surprised they would list the download specifically for the X10 but not have it as an option???

Thanks

8. sleepless

Brunswick, pick any one and then go to settings to create a new profile so you can enter in the setup for the x10. Most important is to enter in the height and width to encode to fit on your x10.

When in new profile, go to videos and in width, enter 854 and height 480. Then when you encode, click on the device you created the profile in, and select your profile.

9. AFK_Matrix

AFK_Matrix Member

Hi,

I'll hopefully be getting my x10 today and would love to put on some of the dvd's i have onto it. But what software would I need to convert the dvd's to something the x10 will play?

Thanks.

10. Brunswick

Brunswick Active Member

Awsome, thanks sleepless. Much appreciation. Hopefully getting my X10 today but with my luck ill have to wait until Monday

11. Brunswick

Brunswick Active Member

One other question now that i have started a conversion. In videora when you begin to go through the 3 steps the 3rd step shows you the settings with various slider bars. Well I moved some of these bars, format to widescreen, high quality audio and video etc.... Now this made the outcome file slightly larger but did this alter the conversion settings profile that I made? Should I have just left everything on those little sliders the way they were?

12. sleepless

When i convert, all i do is select power mode, pick the device that i created the profile in and then pick my profile. Then I select the video file and output directory and convert. I did not mess with anything else and the videos looks great on the x10.

I did not play with those settings you mentioned.

13. Brunswick

Brunswick Active Member

Ok sounds good. Ill try the same movie with both methods and see if there is any difference. When I actually get the phone that is. Im watching my driveway like a hawk waiting for UPS.:)

14. AFK_Matrix

AFK_Matrix Member

Well I managed to convert a dvd using Dvd Dycrypter and Videora but haven't got me phone yet so can't try them out yet. The only thing I can say is that the file size is like 450mb which is quite large, is there anyway to get smaller file sizes?

15. Brunswick

Brunswick Active Member

450mb is awsome. I don't know how you converted the file but the average movie is generally around 700+mb. What type of file did you convert too??

16. AFK_Matrix

AFK_Matrix Member

Well I used MPEG-4 as the setting for my profile in Videora and pretty much left all the other settings as is apart from changing the resolution.

I then ended up with a mp4 file which i hope will work on the X10 as I haven't got it yet so can't test it but it should work fine.

17. sleepless

If you don't change the resolution, your video files will not fill the screen and will look small as I have tested. When I changed the resolution to what it is meant to be for the x10, it fully fit on the screen and looks great.

18. AFK_Matrix

AFK_Matrix Member

Yep I changed the resolution to what you recommended which was 854 width and height 480. So it should fit the phones screen, and when I play it on my pc the quality looks awesome so can't wait to test it on my phone. Be nice to watch band of brothers on the phone during lunchtimes :)

19. saltorio

saltorio Well-Known Member

I use Handbrake (HandBrake). Works really well, and it's free. Have tried it on a few episodes of TV shows I had in 720p, and used used the iPod conversion settings but changed the video width to 854px. Looks beautiful and plays flawlessly.

garym likes this.
  20. Duncs

Duncs Well-Known Member

I had the issue of not having a clue what i was doing lol and initially just converted things with mostly defaul settings with the profile of any of the 3 android handsets built in. When i put them in the phone they were indeed only about half size on the screen but a quick double tap on the vid and its full screen :D it still looks great to me so anyone who fancies being lazy like me lol you can still watch things in full screen.

21. AFK_Matrix

AFK_Matrix Member

Well I put the video I converted on the phone and it does look awesome. But the one big disapointment was that the volume of the audio was really low when using the phones speakers, is there a way to improve this when converting at all?

I haven't tried earphones yet as I left mine at work but does it sound a lot better with them?

22. ropuch

ropuch New Member

I've been trying to download videora for X10 (windows version), but the link is broken. Anybody have the installer and can share it? I'd be greatful.