Lfy signature verification failed

Last Updated:

1. ghmerrill

ghmerrill Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Okay.... Got my droid rooted, installed rom manager, d/l a rom to the sd card- lfy. I booted in recovery from rom manager, and all I get is the screen with the triangle and exclamation point. Camera button + vol up gets me a menu, one of which is about the sd card, with the file name "update zip" (I re named the lfy file to this). When its selected, it runs through some lines of script, then says something like "aborted, signature verification failed" I then have it re boot, and my phone is the same as it was before.

I have read posts that say wipe, others say don't wipe.....ugh! Since in a first timer, I decided to wipe, and if I'm remembering right, when you select wipe, there are three options, I did the first, the factory reset one, but did not do the other two, can't remember what they were called exactly, but had not read anything that specifically said to wipe them, so for fear of really messing something up, I left those alone.

In reading more, it sounds like clockwork mod recovery is not working? I guess I'm getting the stock recovery screen? Since I renamed the file update.zip, shouldn't this work?
    I know this has all probably been answered, and I searched, but came up with a bunch of threads on other phone species too.
    Obviously I'm a noob at this, and there have been more sweaty palms and adrenaline rushes for fear of killing my droid than I have experienced in a long time!
    Does someone have a solution to this that even I can understand? ;-)

Advertisement
  2. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

3. ghmerrill

ghmerrill Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks. I played around with it several times, and finally got the clockwork recovery screen, and after several fits and starts, have lfy 1.4 installed, running, and re set up the way I like my screens. Lost a couple years of life due to the stress of it!

4. ted56

ted56 New Member

P.S. The only access to the phone is the boot mode selection.