LG Ally from Verizon to Straight talk??Support

Last Updated:

1. aucadomom16

aucadomom16 New Member

I have an LG Ally and I recently just finished my contract with verizon and decided to not go back because of the outragious price it has become... I would like to use my Ally on Straight talk, does anyone know if it is possible and if so I have my MEID # i just need help figuring out how to finish unlocking the phone. Some help please!!

Advertisement
  2. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member

It's technically possible. But legally no you cannot. Reason being is that Straight Talk doesn't allow any phone's that are not theirs to be used on the network. So in order to use it, you would have to change the Ally's ESN which is illegal.

So...

Long story short, no.

Sorry!
  3. biggiesmalls657

biggiesmalls657 Well-Known Member

There's the government in action! Telling us no!
  4. joelshort

joelshort Well-Known Member

I've been using my Ally on PagePlus Cellular for almost a year now, and have not had any complaints. 1200 minutes, 2000 texts and 100mb of data per month for 29.99. Barely any data allowance, but I don't use that much anyway and most data I need I get off WIFI.

Also, PagePlus uses the Verizon network...
  5. db2u

db2u Well-Known Member

I think the poster is thinking "locked" as people think of unlocking GSM phones. If he finished his contract and the account is paid up then it is not locked in the verizon sense. Sounds like OP was just used to having to unlock a GSM phone to use it on another carrier. Verizon phones will activate on pageplus fine as long as it is not a prepaid phone, blackberry or lost/stolen/bill balance unpaid.