LG Ally helpSupport

Last Updated:

1. CJ120

CJ120 Member

I have been doing some reading and i have the ally 2.2.2 rooted. Im getting quite bored with the phone and started reading about getting gingerbread 2.3 on the ally. some sites made it sound like it is possible and has been done while others not so much either way i was just wondering if anyone could maybe help me out and if its not possible to do so im looking for something cool to do to my ally so if you know of any roms or anything feel free to let me know

2. CJ120

CJ120 Member

3. B2L

B2L Well-Known Member

I moved this to the LG Ally forum, you should have your questions answered here.
    CJ120 likes this.
  4. dots

dots Well-Known Member

The only 2.3 roms for the ally are Project Gretel (cm7) but isn't being developed unless someone picks it up and isn't fully functional. There was another called Bionic (awakening the ally) which is based on Gretel but idk it's progress.

The instructions this link gives will 100% not work. In fact the zip it talks about is
  5. CJ120

CJ120 Member

6. CJ120

CJ120 Member

i see i kind of figured it was too good to be true well i was just curious about any cool themes or any cool mods out there for the ally i rooted it and i just feel like i would be just as fine having it not rooted all i have done is get set cpu and wifi tether
  7. dautley

dautley VIP Member VIP Member

As far as I know there are no STABLE Gingerbread ROMS available for Ally as of yet I think Gretel (CM7) is on hold and there is still some work being done on Bionic but neither one is ready for prime time.
  8. CJ120

CJ120 Member

9. imnotmikal

imnotmikal Well-Known Member Developer

I'm not sure where to start, to please excuse my regurgitation of information below:

First off, there is NO working build of 2.3 Gingerbread for the Ally. There are two projects, but both have been put on hold due to problems that cannot be fixed as of right now.

That link you posted about upgrading to 2.3 is a complete troll thread, and more than likely an attempt to make people brick their phones, forever. The files contained in that post are 3.0 Honeycomb for the Nexus S.

As for the video, yes, that is legit. Velocity is one the few ROMs currently available for the LG Ally. I suggest that you read more on rooting and installing ROMs on the Ally (And keep it within the forums for the most accurate information.)

For a fast, stable, badass ROM, check out either Velocity 1.2 or StormDroid 1.2, both are very fast, stable, and awesome.

If you still are completely left in the dark, come hang out in the IRC channel and those guys can help you out.
    CJ120 and j2cool2012 like this.
  10. CJ120

CJ120 Member

running stormdroid 1.2 right now its pretty sweet a nice new touch thanks for the help
  11. Biotic

Biotic Well-Known Member Developer

That link you posted, i actually downloaded that firmware a while ago to see what it really was. Its a custom rom for an htc device. Believe it or not, there are people who cant understand the android updating process and think any firmware will do. (Run into this problem everyday at android tablet forums) be smart and understand the limits of your device

And yes gingerbread has been put off on hold and im currently planning my next project which might help with the upgrade. I wont leave the ally community till i see a running stable gingerbread rom ^^0
  12. emilleville

emilleville New Member

I have done a ton of research on trying to install gingerbread on the lg ally but so far i have only found ether velocity 1.2 or Bionix. I personally prefer Bionix but i have tried both. If any one has found a real zip file for gingerbread let me know!!
  13. dirtysouf

dirtysouf New Member

i forgot my gmail account to my droid how do i recover it
  14. imnotmikal

imnotmikal Well-Known Member Developer

1) What.
    2) Droid? Why are you in the LG Ally section?
    3) How do you forget and email address that is stored on your phone?