LG Ally Or Droid Eris

1. aaronhopkins21

aaronhopkins21 Active Member

Im Thinking Of Getting The Ally because i really dont like my phone. Any Suggestions???

Advertisement
  2. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Don't have experience with the Ally, but my past experiences with LG are all good. They make great phones.

I would only recommend it over the Eris because of the problems the Eris is having that have not been fixed by HTC or Verizon yet. So i wouldn't mind giving the Ally a try.

What's your situation? Are they offering you an Ally as an even swap? Did you just get your Eris?
  3. aaronhopkins21

4. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Ok.. well if your dad can pull it off, I think the Ally might work out better for you.

Of course, i'm assuming your having the silent bug issue, and you're not just a 14 year old kid that wants a new phone....:rolleyes:
  5. aaronhopkins21

Lol no. i am having the silent bug issue sometimes when i get messages my phone doesnt vibrate or the ringtone doesnt work. also when people call me i push the send button and the phone doesnt asnwer the phone. so many issues!
  6. rmartin27

rmartin27 Well-Known Member

Don't do it...i returned my fiances because it was beyond slow. The Eris is twice the phone.
  7. iggypop123

iggypop123 Well-Known Member

ive heard the ally is slow which is strange cause the ally doubles the eris' processor. seems like it has a gimped android OS
  8. gpa111

gpa111 Well-Known Member

Read the ally forums. I don't know that it would be a better switch honestly.
  9. aaronhopkins21

I Don't Need A Fast Proccesor.I'm Only 14.I Just Need A Phone That Works With At Least 2 Bars Of Signal at all times,And Battery Life. So I'm Going With The Ally.
  10. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

The two bars thing is mostly superficial (your still getting more bars than its showing, because HTC changed how it calculates reception), and if your going to the Ally for better battery life, don't be expecting a whole lot. Some people over there still report poor battery performance.
  11. Hiroshika

Hiroshika Well-Known Member

The ally doesnt have a 1ghz processor.

And your 14. so you probably text alot (stereotype, sorry) so the keyboard will probably be a plus. LG makes really nice phone. The env series.... They know their way around making keyboards.
  12. aaronhopkins21

My friend uses their ally all the time.and he gets around 2 to 2 1/2 days without charge with live wallpapers on
  13. tbaker

tbaker Well-Known Member

A bit of an older, but anyone have gpu, and cpu comparisons between the two device?
  14. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

I have had great past experiences with LG phones, but have no idea about their smart phones, the ally isn't my cup of tea and loved my Eris so that gets my recommendation.