LG Ally Or Droid Eris?General

Last Updated:

1. aaronhopkins21

aaronhopkins21 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Which Phone Is Better

Advertisement
  2. Mitchell4500

Mitchell4500 Well-Known Member

Lg Ally is cheaper but not as 'high Performance". Droids are more powerful but more expensive. IMO more ugly too.

3. Charlie81

Charlie81 Well-Known Member

Eris is better then the Ally. Just returned my ally. got the droid X, kinda wished i stuck with HTC though

4. laurentypo

laurentypo Well-Known Member

I just had a bad experience with 3 Eris phones. Verizon just sent me the Ally today. I'll letcha know after a few days :)

5. Roll-Tide

Roll-Tide Well-Known Member

does it matter? didn't they discontinue the eris months ago? can you even still buy one?

I had an eris last year, not a bad phone...my wife has the ally and I think if given a choice I would choose the eris, just seemed like it had a more responsive touchscreen.

6. laurentypo

It may have been the fact that my Erises were faulty, but the touchscreen so far is wonderful on the Ally. I am finding it similar to my husband's Motorola Droid.

7. aaronhopkins21

i Used The Ally For About a half an hour today at best buy. its a really nice phone. i will be getting one soon

8. edcooper714

edcooper714 Well-Known Member

I got my Ally the day it was released. Version 8 update has made a big difference in responsiveness and speed. Not earth shaking but noticeable. For $50.00 it's been the best phone I've owned. The size is perfect for me and it feels appropriate in my hand. I felt the Droid was too big and bulky. When LG comes out with new smart phones later this year I hope there is one like the Ally without the keyboard and is thinner. I has an LG Touch before this with a keyboard and I felt the keyboard necessary on the Ally. Well I was wrong. The virtual keyboard, once you get used to it, is faster for me.

Hope this helps.

9. HauntedHallows

HauntedHallows Well-Known Member

We got my wife an Ally and i got myself a droid x and she loves her Ally and thinks the Droid X is kinda goofy.

10. ma777

ma777 Member

alot of people say its a bad phone. but i like mine alot i have had no problems with it in it works great. i would go with a physical qwerty not touch

11. aaronhopkins21

@ma777 exactly,I would love to have a qwerty right now.because my eris touchscreen is broke and everything else works fine.I would still be able to reply to text

12. tommy_ed

tommy_ed Well-Known Member

ive used both, but now using incredible

the ally is better substantially. The worst thing about the eris is its pathetic processor. It gets realllllyyy sllllloooowwww. i mean bad. Also had it get really hot a couple times to the point where I thought it would spontaneously combust haha. This is more of an opinion but the physical keyboard is another good reason to get the Ally. It feels better than any of the droids i've tried. In my opinion the eris would be a terrible choice. But that's just MY opinion, the choice is yours to make! See you around the forums :D

also to the poster a few posts up, any phone running android is a "droid" phone, the folks over at motorola's marketing department are GENIUSES for naming their phone the "motorola droid" lol

13. tommy_ed

tommy_ed Well-Known Member

htc eris - 528mhz processor

lg ally - 600 mhz processor

eris is also actually cheaper than ally, since it was discontinued :)

14. laurentypo

I have had the Ally for 2 days now, and I LOVE it compared to my Eris. I really liked my Eris, but then when I got the 2.1 update, it went crazy :/. I loved the Eris' form; it's sleek and slim. BUT... Ally seems to be more stable with 2.1, and I don't have a silent bug!! :) The only issue I've been having is that Google Maps seems to force close, but I'm sure there will be another Google Maps update in like 2 days.