LG Ally to Cricket?

Last Updated:

1. dkas22

dkas22 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey, another n00b needing some tips/assistance... I spent hours the other night trying to figure out just how to flash my LG Ally to Cricket, to no avail. I've never flashed anything to anything before, so I'm trying to understand the whole process at the same time.

There's a lot of vague info on the forums about doing this on the Ally, but nothing clear, yet. I rooted my phone (thanks to amoamare's AllyRR) and tried using 3 programs to gain access to changing PRLs, etc: CDMA Workshop, LGNPST, and QPST. None of them could correctly identify my phone (and yes, I had USB debugging on). It seems to me LG has added a layer of protection to prevent using these tools.

My guess is that those of you out there who know how to code (I'm not included) can use ADB Shell or something else to modify PRLs, etc. on a rooted phone. Any suggestions or tips? Thanks a bunch.

Advertisement
  2. CrazyTechnoBoy

CrazyTechnoBoy Well-Known Member

Hey, I Just Read That They Can't Flash It In Stores But You Can Ask Them Where You Can Flash It. :D

3. dkas22

dkas22 New Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah I went to a really shady Cricket dealer (not an official store) and the software he had to flash it didn't do its thing. That's what prompted my exercise in futility of trying to do it myself.

4. newcdma

newcdma New Member

u will need the lg ally drivers. make sure in device manager that u have the phone on a com port, then connect to com port with cdma ws, read from phone, send spc (000000) then write prl. go to main tab and mode reset