LG Ally trying to steal some Evo thunder

Last Updated:

1. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member This Topic's Starter

LG confirms Android-powered Ally, coming May 20th -- Engadget

Son of a bitch...day before the Evo's party on May 11th ;)

Advertisement
  2. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Guest

With a release 9 days later.
    I've said in my one other post here and many times on other forums.
    Sprint is just plain bad at flagship phone releases.
    3 months from announce to release is ridiculous.
    This is the product of that. They should have delayed the announcement and jammed it all together like VZ.
    They're great at releasing phones. Build hype and strike while it's still hot sell a fe hundred thousand quick.

Can't wait to see the advertising, It won't be near as good as the Instinct, the one release/advertising they did right.
    for the Evo it's not gonna make much difference to HTC or Android. But for Palm it was a killer.

3. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member This Topic's Starter

I'm pretty interested that the Ally is scheduled to release on May 20 but no carrier has come forward yet :D

I would hazard a guess of AT&T but who knows...

4. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

Honestly, there's going to be a lot of "thunder-stealing" over the next month or two. Will be interesting to see who comes out on top when the dust settles.

5. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

doubt it'll steal from the EVO. it'll be for people that are adament about having a physical keyboard.

6. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

I think that with the smart phone market really heating up and with so many offerings, it is starting to turn into the summer blockbuster season. Tons of new devices come out during summer and around all the winter holidays. They are all going to try to compete in this busy time and my prediction is that it will be difficult for any one device to become the powerhouse that some have been in the past. It's just the nature of the beast. What was once a specialty device is now the norm.

7. UniqueNate

UniqueNate Well-Known Member

that phone will not do much. the biggest phone verizon has is the incredible. the ally will do nothing. they hype around that is the iron man movie. that phone is more like a mid level phone. i wouldn't call it a high end phone.

8. eieio

eieio Well-Known Member

The EVO's claim to fame will not necessarily be its specs.

It will be the 4g network and the things it will be able to do and the apps it will run..

No phone will have a 4g network for a awhile.. The network and apps will be the reason it holds its crown for awhile.

There is no doubt that phones with much better specs will be released shortly on other networks

9. bpcooper14

bpcooper14 Active Member

All the more reason for Sprint to get this out. (well that, and I REALLY REALLY REALLY want out of my VZW contract for a good phone and $40 less per month)

10. GoldenStatePanda

GoldenStatePanda Well-Known Member

didnt someone post a link to oczar which had basically the same story a couple days ago?

some people NEED the physical keyboard so this might pique some interest but otherwise i dont care about it too much. i think a phone would need at least a 4inch screen to be deemed competition for the evo.

11. bimmjo

bimmjo Well-Known Member

I want hold my EEEVVVOOO....EEEEVVVVVOOOO.....EEEEVVVVOOOO..... I want to hold my EVO..... I want to hold my EVO.....I want to hold my evo....I want to hold my EEEVVVOOOO is coming your way....so forget all your......

Just about anything can work with a Queen song.

12. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

13. reallynotnick

reallynotnick Well-Known Member

14. JustFrozen

JustFrozen Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, for most of us, that includes the EVO :rolleyes:

Kinda levels the playing field when the phone's most unique and powerful feature is unusable

15. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Guest

The network is VZ.

There's no need to be "concerned" about the specs. Most people really won't notice. What they will notice if the great advertising. yeah I liked the Iron Man2 tie-in commercial.
    That goes a long way.

16. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

Fortunately, I'm not part of the most you're talking about. I think if you live in a major metropolitan area, there is a good chance you'll have 4G before the end of the year.

17. brooks77

brooks77 Member

I think the phone that's going to give evo some major competition is the Droid 2 rumored to come out this summer. It has some strong specs.

18. brooks77

brooks77 Member

And I'm not trying to troll BTW. The evo is definitely the phone to have. Can't wait til my friend gets it so I can play with it.