• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lg Connect 4g comparison thread

Mr. Ed

Extreme Android User
Jun 27, 2010
Over Yonder
Rather than have multiple threads of this device vs that, post your comparisons here.

Really looking forward to seeing how this device stacks up against others! :D

Metro seems to be stepping up device quality, and still offers unlimited data though it is my understanding that their LTE is capped at a set speed.

My question is for anyone who has "4G" with metropcs.

If you're in a main market/coverage area, does the 4g stay constant or does it always switch back and forth from 4g to 1x?

My Optimus M constantly goes from 3g to 1x and back, it's actually more responsive when it's 1x. The service is HORRID when it says 3g. If it says 1x and has one or both little white arrows I get decent speed even with no signal bars.

I've been holding out hope that if I get a 4g phone this won't be the case. 90% of the time I use the internet on my phone I'm miserable.

Upvote 0
I had the Galaxy indulge their first android 4G phone and can honestly say I consider the 4G on that phone pretty fast when compared to their 1x or 3G (admire/optimus M)... I am definitively going to look into this LG Connect as it sounds extremely promising. The only thing I hate about 4G is the fact that it will drain your battery in a couple of hours it got so bad that I had to turn off data consumption because I wouldnt make it through 1/4 of my day with moderate use. I also owned an Optimus M and I can personally say that I think you'll see a significant improvement in speed.

Upvote 0
My question is for anyone who has "4G" with metropcs.

If you're in a main market/coverage area, does the 4g stay constant or does it always switch back and forth from 4g to 1x?

My Optimus M constantly goes from 3g to 1x and back, it's actually more responsive when it's 1x. The service is HORRID when it says 3g. If it says 1x and has one or both little white arrows I get decent speed even with no signal bars.

I've been holding out hope that if I get a 4g phone this won't be the case. 90% of the time I use the internet on my phone I'm miserable.

I live in a 4G coverage area. My 4G stays constant all day 24/7. The only time I get 3G or 1x is when I far from metro lte coverage. And BTW, metro is upgrading EvDo (3g) in this year as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones