• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lg-e 739

joswalk

Lurker
Jul 23, 2012
Hello fellow members, I'm delighted to be a member of this forum. This is my first post and hope I'm posting in the right area. I'm the owner of an LG-E739 and thanks to the instructions from this forum I was able to root and unlock my phone. My internet provider is Rogers and while the phone does all the basic functions (incoming/outgoing calls, texting etc...) It refuses to log on to their internet system.

Rogers technical support walked me through the setting up the phone correctly but this did not resolve the problem of accessing their internet system. At that point they indicate that some phones are not compatible with their network and suggest that this might the case with the LG-E739.

Another point is the phone always shows "2G" at the top instead of the expected "3G". In the Setup I uncheck the box that indicate "Use in 2G mode only. I'm able to access the internet using WIFI, but not without it.
I'm hoping that someone here may have experienced this and could point me in the right direction.

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones