2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  1. Aplus

Aplus Well-Known Member

Haha! You know I've never even clicked that 'chat' button! lol
    Thanks for the heads up!
  2. morgankslade

morgankslade Well-Known Member

Donation sent. Thanks for your hard work. I appreciate it.
  3. califathug13

califathug13 Active Member

Thanks and i will daonate soon
  4. yahhboy

yahhboy Well-Known Member

5. matter0ni

matter0ni Well-Known Member

donation coming, got paid today but wont be able to cash it for a while... damn work 24/7

really appreciate the work. i used to make a living programming in VB back in the 90s but ive been out of the loop since for the most part. glad to see the development enthusiasm
  6. Got CWM onto the Esteem, able to install .zips can't backup atm, crashes, so definitely some headway, doesn't seem to be bricking phones ATM lol.
  7. Prime85

Prime85 Well-Known Member

^+1

also mass storage does not work
  8. travioso

travioso Well-Known Member

Good to hear.. So this may be a kinda stupid question, but if it can install .zips does that mean if something breaks we can recover to stock? Realize we won't be able to back it up ATM and have it how it was exactly.. I ask because I'm all for testing, but being my only phone and don't have the cash to get a new one at the drop of the hat, being cautious..

I may just cry if i brick it haha
  9. youngnex

youngnex Well-Known Member

There is really no way to know, however i ended getting a Hard-Brick, and nothing works. But, if its a soft brick, users are reporting to be able to recover back to stock using vs910.dll and the ms910 tot. But, this is my only phone too.... and ive been without it a weekend. Might be without it a week, going today to metro if not ima send into LG.
  10. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member

We wont release it to the general public til it all works correctly. ;)

We are very close to having it fully functional. You have to keep in mind the 2 dev's working on this (mtmichaelson & myself) dont have a esteem, or in my case a working one lol.

So we are having to take shots in the dark blindfolded per say lol.
  11. jzebrahockey

jzebrahockey Well-Known Member

Well you two are doing a great job and I personally thank you for your hard work and time spent on this.
  12. Prime85

Thursday if it is not complete I will post a video of it running on my esteem so everyone can stop saying it is not being worked on.

Also Playfulgod and mtmichaelson are doing great and working really hard. Please show your appreciation by donating.

I am waiting till Thursday since its finals week and I won't have time to breath till then.
    Pappy62 likes this.
  13. mikekelso421

mikekelso421 Well-Known Member

I don't own the esteem. But I have been following this thread closely. You guys are awesome.hopefully more people donate to you and fund u a phone. You guys more than deserve that for all the work you put in for the communtiy. ;)
  14. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS Guide

Thxs to u guys we really appreciate the hard work u guys r going threw to get a cwm on the esteem once again thx!!!!!!
  15. josuemldnd23

josuemldnd23 Active Member

Thank you guys for your hard work, both developers and testers. mtmichaelson, the link to donate for your time is broken, playfulgod, :) thanks man! you
  16. youngnex

MTMichaleson, donate link update.

Process is going beautiful.
  17. JWhipple

JWhipple Well-Known Member

Anything new on this? Not asking for an ETA , BTW :-D
  18. youngnex

Status updated.

Also added on how you can help. It's not all about donations, but they also help immensely also.
    JWhipple likes this.
  19. jrocivxx

jrocivxx Well-Known Member

What'd you say to metro to get a new phone? Lol
  20. Prime85

As promised here is the video of the LG esteem running cwm.

Sorry it is a little blurry, i didnt know why until after i uploaded and watched it. i noticed i was holding the phone to close to the camera and it couldnt focus.

Please donate to PlayfulGod and mtmichaelson

CWM on LGesteem
    gbiggie, double1, intrdrgn and 7 others like this.
  21. youngnex

Manufacturers defect. lol ... Technically it was.
  22. jrocivxx

jrocivxx Well-Known Member

Lol I pulled the same with a palm pre plus that I bricked...sent it to palm.they sent me a brand new one :) lol
  23. youngnex

Proof of Concept youtube videos added. Courtesy of Prime85 and youngnex.
  24. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

Guys thanks I will donate as soon as I can I really appreciate this hard work we have a nice Esteem community :D
  25. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

I Must say it since I seen it on both phones in both videos...... Screen protectors on Gorilla Glass is pointless and a waste of money! :D;)

Sorry :D

Its coming along nicely tho! Keep up the good work and Ill buy you some beers here soon. ;)