Lg esteem infinte boot loop possible solutionGeneral

1. TechSmartBri

TechSmartBri Active Member

HEy everyone :)

a couple of days ago i was changing my boot animation and sound, everything went fine up until i changed it then i got into a infinite boot loop, i searched the forums for awhile and found this:

Stuck in infinte boot loop

1) i installed sdk and adb
    2) went into command prompt
    3) type
    C:\users\yourusername/cd\
    C:\> cd androidsdk/platform-tools/
    C:\ androidsdk/platform-tools> adb devices
    and im stuck at "list of devices"
    (blank)

but i cant seem to get my device to show up in adb as a device, anyway i wanted some help with this and possible help others who are in the same position i am who have ****edddd up their phone doing this lol

I just wanna switch my boot animation with the stock animation that i know is okay and isnt corrupted

I know i used adb to root my phone from androidinvasion so i can actually possibly unbrick my phone

anyway i wanted know if anyone knew any common commands that could help

Advertisement
  2. thevisitor83

thevisitor83 Well-Known Member

my brick is stuck in forever boot loop the diff is that i get a adb id,and trust me i tryed everything before it reboots and not shit could be pushed,or deleted.soo im gonna send mine to playfulgod to see what he can do.
  3. blaxican25

blaxican25 Well-Known Member

Have you tried the lg update tool recovery
    TechSmartBri likes this.
  4. TechSmartBri

TechSmartBri Active Member

thanx it worked :)
  5. blaxican25

blaxican25 Well-Known Member

Wow bet you was mad lol when u got the boot loop glad i could help ;-)
  6. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS Guide

my lg esteem is stuck on bootanimation is there any how i could get my phone back on i tryed lg support tools and it tells me phone has been updated already can any one help me oh also i cant get to recovery to try to factory restart....
  7. TattooedDroid

TattooedDroid Well-Known Member

heres my problem....it gets to lock screen and i cant press on the touch screen to unlock it..

i had a lockscreen app but it keeps showing my old stock one....im screwed!
  8. TattooedDroid

After3 factory resets I'm back to normql...but superuser is still in my app drawer.
  9. nuked

nuked Well-Known Member

10. mrpnut

please anyone can help me unbrick my lg esteem
  11. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

use your warranty at the metro store for another one...
  12. redhook

redhook Well-Known Member

TattooedDroid likes this.
  13. TattooedDroid

Well that's very nice of LG lol
  14. mrpnut

first i cant take it bck to metro cuz my boot animation is dancing droid thell c that , and i also i tryed lg support tool it tells me that im updated already thx guys for giving me advices
  15. usalas56

usalas56 Member

it started right after i installed boot animation changer from the market and it worked but after turning it on it turns off and gets stuck at the animation and reboots again, i already tried the vol up+ vol down+ power and it doesnt fix the problem also the lg software on my phone is up to date so i cant use their app to update it!! someone help
  16. nuttmeg

might want to try it a few times again, that have solve others issue's like that, but for some same problem still exist,also when the phone is booting up does it show any animation or just the lg, if it doesn't show the animation on the one you install, take it back to metro, but if it does show a portion of it, metro will not warranty it. Please for future refs be careful on installing and un installing apps that you are not aware of, but i hope your phone will be back to normall after trying to factory reset it, keep us updated.:confused:
  17. usalas56

usalas56 Member

i will metro said they just ordered me a new esteem so i guess their warranty does cover it but i will keep doing those wipes and i will get back to you as soon as i see a change
  18. usalas56

usalas56 Member

yea when it boots up it shows the gingerbread skeleton animation that i installed and it also has that metro pcs start up sound but after that it reboots and does it all over again
  19. nuttmeg

that sucks, you might be able to push it threw adb hopefully, but with the phone rebooting i cant say.:confused:
    usalas56 likes this.
  20. usalas56

usalas56 Member

sorry i dont mean to be a noob but whats adb
  21. Prime85

Prime85 Well-Known Member

There is a post in the "all things root" section that explains all about it. I would link you too it but I am on the phandroid app.

It should be one of the top 5 posts
  22. nuttmeg

23. winklebottom

winklebottom Active Member

I'm just wondering exactly what you told Metro about your phone. Mine is doing the same thing. A boot screen from Absolute System Tools is stuck on loop. I try and boot into recovery, tell it to delete everything and restart but it doesn't do anything.

And also, what exactly would you push through ADB?? I can't even get my computer to realize I have a phone plugged in to it. It won't find the drivers anymore either. It did once boot all the way back to the actual phone with all of the metro apps and everything unrooted but said I didn't have network coverage so I restarted and it's stuck in loop boot again.

Any help would be amazing. I'm completely lost and really bummed out :/ Thanks guys!
  24. winklebottom

winklebottom Active Member

I'm so lost and sad. A boot screen from Absolute System Tools is stuck on loop. I try and boot into recovery, tell it to delete everything and restart but it doesn't do anything.

I would be willing to try ADB, but I don't know what to push to fix this problem. I can't even get my computer to realize I have a phone plugged in to it. It won't find the drivers anymore either. It did once boot all the way back to the actual phone with all of the metro apps and everything unrooted but said I didn't have network coverage so I restarted and it's stuck in loop boot again.

Any help would be amazing. I'm completely lost and really bummed out :/ Thanks guys!
  25. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

Theres a couple other boot animation boot loop/brick posts go check those out.

Also people reeeaally need to just stop playing with the boot animations. I think literally everyone that has attempted to change the boot animation has screwed up the phone rebooting properly. People really need to pump the brakes and do MINOR things since we have no stock recovery, CWR or roms.