LG esteem Power menu with NO custom ROM

Last Updated:

1. pimpadimp101

pimpadimp101 Well-Known Member

Can I use the LG esteem power menu(boot into recovery, take screenshot etc etc) without installing a custom ROM ? like I mean completely on stock but rooted of course?? Please get back to me ASAP

Really I just want to be able to take a screenshot by holding the power button

Advertisement
  2. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

Ive actually been want to try to :D I have a guide somewhere for adding just the screen shot feature. What SW version you on?

Butttt you will need recovery if you want me to even try it since it involves the Framework and the android.policy jar. I wont attempt if you dont have a back up :D
  3. LDrifta

LDrifta No Stranger 2 Danger Developer

stock/rooted technically still isn't rooted.. you still dont have full root prms with the stock kernel.. not to kiss my own ass or anything but if you like stock than i suggest trying ld-lg, it's as stock as can be, but debloated and few ui tweaks.. comes with power menu i think you'll like it :D & there is the 'plauged rom' by pg, took a stock approach with that rom as well.. if you want all stock apps in it i think there a thing for that in ATR guide (forum sticky)
  4. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

No. I've tried.

I didn't look into that much though so it might can be done
  5. pimpadimp101

I'm on ZVD can you link me to your guide? and is lg-ld the best stock ROM? I don't really wanna have to start over from scratch you know like re installing all my apps and what not? Can I install a ROM without wiping data or is it absolutely mandatory
  6. chicomostoc

chicomostoc Well-Known Member

you can make a backup of your apps with titanium backup.. and blackup your contacs,sms,mms,log calls with MyBackup pro and after wipe and do a fresh install
  7. pimpadimp101

Ok so I'm sort of a n00b sorry lol , when I backup my apps w/ titatnium backup it'll back up to my external SD right?
  8. LDrifta

LDrifta No Stranger 2 Danger Developer

external or internal.. here's what you do

boot into recovery, go to backup/restore and make a backup of the DATA only, then flash the rom without wiping anything.. reboot and try it out.. if anything the worst case scenario is you DO need to wipe data, (can try to restore data but may cause issues again) which then you WILL have to start from scratch.. BUT it should be ok considering the supplied kernel with ld-lg is basically stock :D

or you can do the titanium thing.. it up to you :D
  9. pimpadimp101

Yeah Ill probably do a nandroid backup , does your ROM consume a lot of battery?
  10. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

nope, debloated roms will make battery last a tad bit longer and faster. (IMO) ;)
  11. pimpadimp101

Why does clockwork keep giving me this message error while restoring /system ? I can't even restore my backup :0
  12. chicomostoc

chicomostoc Well-Known Member

just make a backup of your apps,

Make the necessary wipes: Wipe Data, Cache & Dalvik Cache .. but if you want to save time .. wipe all with the scrips of Ldrifta:
    http://androidforums.com/esteem-all-things-root/555080-time-saver-ez-wipe-all-in-one.html

recommend the EZ-Wipe LD (Full), but before the flash, make sure you have the rom in your SD