LG Esteem touch screen problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. rwolfe03

rwolfe03 New Member

I have been experiencing non responsiveness from a small portion of my touch screen. To confirm this I ran the touch screen checker app which indicated an area at the extreme bottom right about 1/4 inch high by 1.5 inch wide. It renders launch icons and app soft keys located in this area unresponsive. I have not attempted factory reset yet. I thought I might order a replacement touch screen and attempt to replace it. I wonder if anyone has experienced just a small portion of the touch screen being dead? All other areas of the screen are normal. Has anyone attempted the screen replacement?

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

welcome to the forums!!!!!!!

i moved you to the lg esteem forum. hopefully folks more familiar with your device can help you out.

good luck with the screen removal. my hands are not delicate enough to attempt such phone surgery......good luck with that....lol
  3. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

Hello and welcome to the forums . I see you are having a problem with a lg esteem now may i ask how long and what was you doing when you noticed this and are you rooted
    ocnbrze likes this.
  4. bucio5

bucio5 New Member

Hello, I am having the same problem with my LG ESTEEM. The screen just won't work. It doesn't slide at all. I took it to metro and they attempted to do a factory reset. They said I have to file a claim for a new phone but the deductible on my phone is $100. Is there a cheaper way to fix the sensor on the screen?
  5. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

welcome to the forums!!!!!!

not sure if there is a cheaper way to do it. you can try buying parts for it and try fixing it yourself. however, if you have never dealt with electronics then i would recommend that you not do it. it takes a certain skill and a steady hand which i have neither.......so that is up to you.
  6. BRAINZ2013

Well now keep in mind u are getting a new device . Or take to a corporate store and ask them to exchange how old is the device
  7. rwolfe03

rwolfe03 New Member

About 2 years. Out of warranty and dropped the insurance.
  8. BRAINZ2013

Well it sounds like you may have to pay the 100.00 if they allow u to cause the insurance is a one shot deal and can't be open once closed
  9. dportal2006

dportal2006 Well-Known Member

Justget that phone replaced. Or better yet buy another phone, the LG Esteem is really starting to show its age.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2