1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

LG Eve unlocking sim card carriers

1. northyorkguy

northyorkguy Active Member

anyone un-locked there LG eve so that any sim card carrier can be used...

is it something that you can do yourself, without having to pay someone. has anyone done it them selves, if so, is there a website with instructions and such...

thanks

Advertisement
  2. Kayen

Kayen Member

i ebayed my code, and then followed simple instructions, and voila done. It'll cost you $5-10
  3. northyorkguy

hi kayen..

i just purchased the unlock code, but cannot find the instructions to unlock the gw620r eve..

do you still have the instructions..

thanks
  4. northyorkguy

please dis-gard my last message...

eventually found the instructions.. for those who have the code and need structions...

Unlock Instruction for LG GW620R
    1) Power ON your phone with SIM Card that the phone is locked to
    2) Type 2945#*620# from the dialer
    3) Enter UNLOCK CODE
    4) Press OK
    5) Device is now unlocked

just a question, if i were to up-date the phone soft-ware, would i need to unlock the phone again, or just the one time and that's it.? thanks
    crammer likes this.
  5. crammer

crammer New Member

Followed northyorkguy's instructions (thx btw) with a code from Ebay, but keep getting "network unlock request unsuccessful" . I haven't eliminated possibility of it being a bum set of unlock codes, but
    (a) does it ping the network or is the code authentication local to the phone? (i.e., will it still work if I don't have a data plan, or 3G is disabled?)
    (b) rogers unlock dept said I need to boot up with the non-rogers SIM card first. Any truth to that?
    (c) finally, what happens after 10 attempts?