LG Eve

Last Updated:

1. homeslice976

homeslice976 Member This Topic's Starter

Just got my eve yesterday, got it connected to AT&T 3G (ran a speed test from tracert.org and got 944Kbps (118KB) with 1bar of 3G), easily setup hotmail, gmail, and exchange accounts... loving it, just have a few questions I was hoping someone could answer.

1. Is there no LED indicator on this device for messages/missed calls? I see all the apps allow me to set the LED notification on/off/different colors, but for some reason I never see an LED. Is there somewhere in the phone I need to turn this on?

2. Is there no on-screen horizontal keyboard? When I have the LG IME on I'm able to use the vertical keypad keyboard, but can't get an on-screen vertical or horizontal qwerty keyboard to save my life. I've disabled the IME all together at this point cause I use the slide out anyway, so this point doesn't really bug me.

3. Is there a way to turn the camera shutter sound off altogether? I was able to find the 4 different shutter sounds, but there wasn't an option for off. I guess a better question would be is there a better/faster camera app out there? This one is slow to load up, and I notice with the Auto Focus on it tends to take the picture just before it's actually in focus..or maybe it comes out of focus right before it snaps the picture, i can't remember right now.

4. I installed Handcent SMS - which is a great app but I'm curious about one thing.. Like I said I just got the phone yesterday, I charged it to full battery and used it very little before I went to bed at 11:30PM. When I woke up at 4:30AM I had a handcent popup message and the backlight was on, but the message was received at 12:23AM. As you can imagine my battery was on it's way out.. I checked my Handcent settings and it's set to only keep the backlight on for 30 seconds after a message arrives...am I missing something?

5. Last one for now.. is there any good free turn-by-turn navigation software available for Android 1.5. I know that Google Maps Navigation Free GPS is available for 1.6, but I was hoping I could get something decent installed in the mean time til we get our upgrade. Which I'm really looking forward to.

Oh and I was on AT&T's site yesterday where I saw they were advertising a Motorola Backflip Android device for release Mar. 7 (I don't know how I've missed this), and saw it's being released with 1.5 but is upgradable to 2.1. So as happy as I am about a 1.6 upgrade, why, oh why must they keep us in the ice ages???

Advertisement
  2. drowned.rat

drowned.rat Active Member

1. As far as I know there is no visual indicator on the phone.

2. There is no virtual qwerty keyboard on the Eve. And when horizontal you have to slide out the full qwerty.

3. There are other camera apps out there..but I have never used them. The new upgrade to 1.6 is supposed to improve camera functionality.

4. No idea.