• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG F6 Back Camera Not Working (ROOTED WITH AN INSTALLED ROM)

PandaTech

Lurker
Jan 13, 2015
I have a lg f6 and when I rooted and installed a custom rom (kitkat4.4.2) the front camera stopped working. I did this to two phones and my first phone was fine but my second phone had the camera issue. BEFORE I ROOTED MY PHONE THE CAMERA WAS WORKING.
I hope you can help me fix this problem and get the camera working
Thanks!

Ask me questions please about the issue

(ALSO, I just factory set it not too long ago and that did not fix the problem)

Surely the obvious place to ask is in the thread of the ROM you installed? Bear in mind that you've not even told us which ROM it is, but if installing the ROM was when the problem started then that's the place I'd ask first.

Well actually I'd have restored my previous ROM, checked whether the camera worked, checked the md5 sum of the downloaded ROM zip to make sure I had a good copy, factory reset again, flashed the ROM a second time and if the problem recurred found another ROM. :) But if I was determined to use that particular ROM and the particular device had a camera problem with it I'd search the ROM thread to see whether anyone else had seen this, then ask whether anyone there (including the developers) had any ideas.

Upvote 0
No, you did a reset not flash stock rom as far as I can see from your post. Yes, the posts are only about 4 weeks old so I guess that's why you missed them.
To make it clear what Pugs is saying: in your first post you said you did a factory reset. That is not the same as flashing back to stock. All a factory reset does is erase user installed apps, data and settings. It does not change any part of the system software at all, and so will not unroot a phone or restore the original ROM.

If you do such a reset on a phone with unmodified system software it returns it to its original state, which is why it is called a factory reset. But unfortunately the name does mislead people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones