• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG F6 video choppy in Firefox

On my T-mobile F6, when I play videos in Firefox, the audio is fine, but the video image will freeze for a couple seconds, then jump ahead to where it is supposed to be, then freeze again a few seconds later, then repeat the same the whole way through pretty much any video. The videos play fine in Chrome, and when using the stock browser, the videos will open in an external video player and play fine. And if it is a YouTube video, it will play fine on YouTube and Chrome. Only embedded videos played in Firefox seem to have the problem.

Any suggestions of what to check? I think it started happening a few versions of Firefox ago, but I'm not sure. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox, and I've uninstalled the YouTube updates and cleared app data and reinstalled the latest version, but nothing has changed.

I used 3C toolbox to add the new buildprop entry and set it to false, and reboot, but there was no change in the Firefox video issue. I didn't have that particular entry on my phone. Should I be looking for a different entry? I am running stock T-Mobile firmware (rooted).
Try adding this

#system props for the MM module
media.stagefright.enable-player=true
media.stagefright.enable-meta=true
media.stagefright.enable-http=true
media.stagefright.enable-aac=true
media.stagefright.enable-qcp=true
media.stagefright.enable-fma2dp=true
media.stagefright.enable-scan=true
media.stagefright.enable-record=false
media.aac_51_output_enabled=true
mmp.enable.3g2=true
mmp.enable.mov=true
mmp.enable.dvix=true
mmp.enable.xvid=true

#DASH video streaming
#Specify max allowed resolution/bandwidth for representations
#Set allowed avsync window during playback
#
persist.dash.max.rep.resolution=1280*720
persist.dash.max.rep.bandwidth=4000000
persist.dash.avsync.window.msec=100

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help. I haven't tried those additional changes yet, but I recently got a used T-Mobile Sony Xperia Z for $85 off ebay (after 20% discount), so I probably won't be using the F6 again unless something happens to the Z. The Z has 2.GB RAM and 16.GB internal storage, so I no longer need Link2SD, and don't have to worry about running low on RAM or space, and it is faster than the F6.

Reactions: Krlypumaa
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones