• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Lg f60 metro pcs

Can someone who has F60 (sammyz ^_^?) check the battery model (BL-41A1H)?

It seems like LG F60 and LG Tribute use same battery size (2100mah).
Also their phone size and specs are very similar with minor didferences (CDMA vs GSM, CPU) so... LG Tribute's battery may work on LG F60.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Oem-Bat..._Cell_Phone_PDA_Batteries&hash=item234642f914

But again this is just my speculation.. I don't have F60 so let's wait for owner's confirmation
I think its the same model.. I know my F60 is BL-41A1H 2020mah..so that's the only difference.. Thanks for finding this..it must be recently posted Cuz when searching..I looked under both device titles

Upvote 0
ThanksOTE="Bard, post: 6816322, member: 729566"]Can someone who has F60 (sammyz ^_^?) check the battery model (BL-41A1H)?

It seems like LG F60 and LG Tribute use same battery size (2100mah).
Also their phone size and specs are very similar with minor didferences (CDMA vs GSM, CPU) so... LG Tribute's battery may work on LG F60.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Oem-Bat..._Cell_Phone_PDA_Batteries&hash=item234642f914

But again this is just my speculation.. I don't have F60 so let's wait for owner's confirmation[/QUOTE]
Thanks a bunch..

Upvote 0
Guys, stop trying to root it, if any defects do happen to your device, they will NOT do warranty replacement because when trying ANY root method, the bootloader detects it was tried to be rooted. Boot into download mode (volume up while powering on I think, and you have to pull battery to get out, powering down no longer works) and it will say "ROOTED" in bold red. Thus the manufacture warranty will no longer be covered. There is also NO available firmware to flash yet, LG is blocking it. Need someone with a B2B account.

If a root method bricks you, we have absolutely nothing to fix your phone.

Upvote 0
Will a g3. battery fit in our phone or what phone has the same size battery..besides tribute and transpyre?

I was looking at cases and found this on amazon. Looks like these models are all the same size so maybe the batteries are the same also.

LG Tribute Case LS660 / LG Optimus F60 Case ms395, Starshop LG Tribute LS660 F60 (Virgin Mobile,Sprint Prepaid) Hard Snap-On Case and Rubberized Skin Black

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i bought one for my mother in law, unfortunately it's a gift so i wrapped and didn't even had chance to play a bit :)

once i activate and play with it, i will see how it performs,

PS,

My mother in law didn't like it ><
She said she wanted Samsung one... I guess I will use this F60 and buy her new one T.T

Last edited:
Reactions: Windbreakerspeed
Upvote 0
I just want to say that this phone is bloody fantastic! Coming from the Fierce 2(a good phone in its own right), this is an upgrade in just about every way: speed, app performance, camera, smoothness and stability of the user interface, looks(this phone is dare I say...sexy?:D) and LTE connectivity. Despite the smaller screen size and lower resolution(compared to the Fierce 2's), the 16M color IPS LCD panel looks gorgeous with its vibrant(still natural) colors and excellent viewing angles. The fact that one can get the F60 for 50 bucks(about 68 dollars total) in store is just silly.

It's definitely the best LG android device(have/had Motion 4G, F3, L70) I've had the pleasure of using so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: dubdiablo77
Upvote 0
I just want to say that this phone is bloody fantastic! Coming from the Fierce 2(a good phone in its own right), this is an upgrade in just about every way: speed, app performance, camera, smoothness and stability of the user interface, looks(this phone is dare I say...sexy?:D) and LTE connectivity. Despite the smaller screen size and lower resolution(compared to the Fierce 2's), the 16M color IPS LCD panel looks gorgeous with its vibrant(still natural) colors and excellent viewing angles. The fact that one can get the F60 for 50 bucks(about 68 dollars total) in store is just silly.

It's definitely the best LG android device(have/had Motion 4G, F3, L70) I've had the pleasure of using so far.
I would say that device is a spiritual successor to the phenomenal lg motion

Upvote 0
Man this is one tough phone to root. I built twrp and booted cm the same day on the Galaxy Light and decided to also grab a f60 and there just isn't any vulnerabilities yet. This is one truly locked device hopefully someone gets it rooted so I can build twrp and cm.
Talk to sammyz I am hoping an exploit comes out soon for 4.4.4 people on boost gunna need link2sd

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones