• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Lg f60 metro pcs

Dunno, I just got a Galaxy Avant and had it rooted about 10 minutes after opening the blister pack.
I agree the F60 does have some decent specs for the price (although you do have to wait for the mail-in rebate), and I've been an LG guy for a while having had 4 so far with the F3 the latest. I'm sure the display is nicer than the one on this Galaxy, but I'd want guaranteed root and more storage. There seems to be some conflicting info about how much user storage is available on the F60, it may only be 4GB which isn't horrible but isnt' great either.
So, for anyone interested the advantages of the Galaxy Avant over the F60-
-More storage @16GB/10GB actually available
-More RAM @1.5GB
-LTE Band 12 (currently the only Metro/T-Mo phone that supports this band)
-NFC
-Easy to root and unlocked bootloader
Of course everyone's priorities are not the same, just my $.02.

Upvote 0
Got so close to rooting it. LG RCT root checking tool thinks i am rooted but still unable to get su in system. Even download mode believes my device has been rooted. All exploits everywhere have been patched so there's no use of trying any tool from another LG or any tool that's already been released it won't work. Our bootloader is locked we can't reboot to recovery it immediately reboots after the update.zip is not found. https://github.com/TeamRegular/android_kernel_lge_f60/blob/master/arch/arm/mach-msm/restart.c#L296 this is the reason purple drake nor ioroot works we don't config BNR Recovery used on many lg devices . LG knew about the method and decided to disable it. We also don't have a stock KDZ firmware to unpack and pre root LG already told me they don't have it so what can we do. Nothing as of yet , I am still trying hard researching to find a way to get root.

Reactions: Bard
Upvote 0
I'm not sure how :(
Just got back from MetroPCS only to be told they don't have the firmware LG should.

T-mobile told me LG has to have it as they customize the factory version of the firmware and only release updates if the base LG releases an update. So which phone is this a base from I checked all the other F60 firware they have different ramdisk files only phone with similar ramdisk is L90 which also has a msm8226 I got a few other forums who do unlocking to help find the firmware so maybe soon we will hear back from them.

Last edited:
Reactions: LG Fanatic
Upvote 0
Just got back from MetroPCS only to be told they don't have the firmware LG should.

T-mobile told me LG has to have it as they customize the factory version of the firmware and only release updates if the base LG releases an update. So which phone is this a base from I checked all the other F60 firware they have different ramdisk files only phone with similar ramdisk is L90 which also has a msm8226 I got a few other forums who do unlocking to help find the firmware so maybe soon we will hear back from them.

Awesome! We'll be keeping our fingers crossed. Thanks for all your hard work.

Upvote 0
Awesome! We'll be keeping our fingers crossed. Thanks for all your hard work.
Called LG he told me Google put the firmware on the phone obviously he's confused. Called Metro they said LG made them that firmware and they have it they only provide service . T-mobile told me that's where they get the firmware from on all their phones and LG has to have it I'm getting mad I called LG twice and MetroPCS 3 times.

edit: They don't have it , the woman checked US LG servers it's not there she said maybe they are working on it , the reason it has not been released yet. She had no information on other F60 since this is US LG but if you take off the back you will see MS395/D393 D393 is the Videotron F60 on the galaxy exhibit the metro pcs and videotron version were identical and they could use our CyanogenMod without any issues that firmware is available so hopefully this goes well I can't remember if I already unpacked it and tried to see if it's compatible going to try again if successful I will flash my device to d393 first brick is on me. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Called LG he told me Google put the firmware on the phone obviously he's confused. Called Metro they said LG made them that firmware and they have it they only provide service . T-mobile told me that's where they get the firmware from on all their phones and LG has to have it I'm getting mad I called LG twice and MetroPCS 3 times.

Hmm, one of them might be purposely giving you the runaround. They probably don't want give out any information that could be used modify the device i.e. root. Or maybe they're just being jerks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hmm, one of them might be purposely giving you the runaround. They probably don't want give out any information that could be used modify the device i.e. root. Or maybe they're just being jerks.
Downloaded it but it ended up being the D392 not compatible. Weird that both devices firmware are missing. Guess we will have to wait maybe a month or so the device hasn't got an OTA update yet maybe by then firmware will be released

Upvote 0
Talk to sammyz I am hoping an exploit comes out soon for 4.4.4 people on boost gunna need link2sd
I already talked to Sammy and we haven't found nothing... We need someone with LG B2b account so we can pull firmware and play with it a bit more... I hav a f60 that i bought my wife... Actually 2nd one.. First she broked the glass so i have it to play with... So if its someone out here with a b2b account hit us up...

Upvote 0
Reactions: Dhlongfellow
Upvote 0
Probable that's Y. Cus i input imei for lg ms395_10b for metropcs uS and its doesn't shows.. I wll try this link to see if i can play a little with it.
Thnx btw
Your device is on 10b? Mine is on v10d from MetroPCS. I've been talking to MetroPCS over facebook hopefully they can eventually ask lg which was my response.

"MetroPCS 9:19pm Jan 13
Hi ____ - The KDZ firmware files are supplied by the manufacturer. You may be able to find it on an external forum in the event that LG cannot supply it to you. Thank you, AR"

Upvote 0
Your device is on 10b? Mine is on v10d from MetroPCS. I've been talking to MetroPCS over facebook hopefully they can eventually ask lg which was my response.

"MetroPCS 9:19pm Jan 13
Hi ____ - The KDZ firmware files are supplied by the manufacturer. You may be able to find it on an external forum in the event that LG cannot supply it to you. Thank you, AR"

You could download the stock firmwares at http://www.lg-phones.org/official-stock-lg-f60-firmware-rom.html however, not for the US. I don't own the phone to test them but hope this helps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones