• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LG F60 MetroPCS (MS395) Base ROM - Testing!

Yes this will work...boot into twrp and make a simple backup of efs and name the backup instead of autoname. Make sure its listed in restore, if not do another backup of efs and it will show in restore (remember to name your backups differently). Boot back into Android and move the twrp files you downloaded into the listed backup (twrp/backups/#SN/name of backup) then boot back into recovery and make sure to check restore list if the new files are detected (system and boot). If listed, format your /system,/data,/cache,dalv partitions using rm-fr format in advance settings of twrp. Format (don't format internal and external), restore, and reboot.
I don't want to mess anything up so I guess I'll just Google some of the stuff you told me. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Reactions: Incakola
Upvote 0
4.4.2 Kit Kat. It's replica of stock ROM.
ROM booted up. Everything is working great, except for the Camera and the 4G LTE. When I open the Camera, it stays on a black screen... And my 4G LTE is not showing up top, just a red X where the connection bars are at. This happened to me for CM12 I fixed it by messing around with the APN settings, but it seems that there are not any already configured here. When I lock my screen and open it again it says "Service Disabled". Gone do some more tests...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-01-23-37-19.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-01-23-37-19.png
    63.5 KB · Views: 143
  • Screenshot_2015-07-01-23-37-26.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-01-23-37-26.png
    61 KB · Views: 148
  • Screenshot_2015-07-01-23-37-33.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-01-23-37-33.png
    461.6 KB · Views: 150
Upvote 0
ROM booted up. Everything is working great, except for the Camera and the 4G LTE. When I open the Camera, it stays on a black screen... And my 4G LTE is not showing up top, just a red X where the connection bars are at. This happened to me for CM12 I fixed it by messing around with the APN settings, but it seems that there are not any already configured here. When I lock my screen and open it again it says "Service Disabled". Gone do some more tests...

hmmm.... that is strange. When you format & clear data, can you do it with the RM-FM thingy from TWRP Setting screen?
I will also make sure correct version has been uploaded.

Upvote 0
hmmm.... that is strange. When you format & clear data, can you do it with the RM-FM thingy from TWRP Setting screen?
I will also make sure correct version has been uploaded.
I really don't know how to bring back my mobile data... I tried reinserting SIM card, and changing APN settings (which don't even save in the list). When ever I lock my screen and turn it back on, it says "Service disabled". I guess I'll just have restore CM12 again...

Upvote 0
I really don't know how to bring back my mobile data... I tried reinserting SIM card, and changing APN settings (which don't even save in the list). When ever I lock my screen and turn it back on, it says "Service disabled". I guess I'll just have restore CM12 again...

I see the difference is I am coming from Stock -> Base ROM while you are coming from CM12 -> Base ROM.
Let me flash CM12 then try to flash this ROM again.

Thanks for your testing & time!

Edit)
I just installed CM12 then flashed this Base ROM. Camera and 4G LTE all work.
This is how I did.

1. Installed CM12 with Gapps. Booting, opened up app drawer, opened up settings, used few minutes.

2. Reboot to TWRP recovery

3. TWRP Setting, check use rm-fm method

4. Wipe -> Factory setting

5. Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Wipe everything except External SD

6. Install Base ROM

7. Wipe Dalvik cache

8. Reboot System

Last edited:
Reactions: Incakola
Upvote 0
I did steps 2-8 and it didn't work, would I have to reinstall CM12 and Gapps to then continue on with the other steps?
I see the difference is I am coming from Stock -> Base ROM while you are coming from CM12 -> Base ROM.
Let me flash CM12 then try to flash this ROM again.

Thanks for your testing & time!

Edit)
I just installed CM12 then flashed this Base ROM. Camera and 4G LTE all work.
This is how I did.

1. Installed CM12 with Gapps. Booting, opened up app drawer, opened up settings, used few minutes.

2. Reboot to TWRP recovery

3. TWRP Setting, check use rm-fm method

4. Wipe -> Factory setting

5. Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Wipe everything except External SD

6. Install Base ROM

7. Wipe Dalvik cache

8. Reboot System

Upvote 0
I did steps 2-8 and it didn't work, would I have to reinstall CM12 and Gapps to then continue on with the other steps?

Hmmmm you can try.. but I dont think it will make any difference.

When phone boots up, I saw Service Disable / no signal sign too but it caught up signal eventually

Just to be in safe side, you downloaded file named BASE ROM not the Project_0623 right?

Upvote 0
Hmmmm you can try.. but I dont think it will make any difference.

When phone boots up, I saw Service Disable / no signal sign too but it caught up signal eventually

Just to be in safe side, you downloaded file named BASE ROM not the Project_0623 right?
Yes I downloaded the proper file, it boots up but I get no signal, with no APNs configured already and the camera stays on a black screen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones