• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG G STYLO MS631

AEON1

Jan 25, 2016
s.fla
where may i find a workable(free)wifi
app download? trying to avoid down time to send phone(warranty) back for replacement as i am diasabled living in a camper.need phone for emergencys.i do have basic root function,everything else is working fine. any input is most welcome .thx y'all .. AEON1
p.s. is metropcs version

this is for unlimited complementary hour trails from Xfinity hotspot,your phone needs to be rooted also download busybox & ghost mac,install both apk you can get at the google playstore,when hotspot reads up on your wifi list use ghost mac it simple to use no need for instruction,then sign up for the complementary hour trail,when the hours is up,go back and use ghost mac again,you should be able to log in again,also it wont work on some LG phones hope this helps,Good Luck!

Upvote 0
this is for unlimited complementary hour trails from Xfinity hotspot,your phone needs to be rooted also download busybox & ghost mac,install both apk you can get at the google playstore,when hotspot reads up on your wifi list use ghost mac it simple to use no need for instruction,then sign up for the complementary hour trail,when the hours is up,go back and use ghost mac again,you should be able to log in again,also it wont work on some LG phones hope this helps,Good Luck!
gooday kind sir ,i've root already
king root
superuser X legacy
busy box pro
flasify
rom-toolbox-pro
titanium backup
I ran into flashing wifi toggle after trying to install a superuser

Upvote 0
gooday kind sir ,i've root already
king root
superuser X legacy
busy box pro
flasify
rom-toolbox-pro
titanium backup
I ran into flashing wifi toggle after trying to install a superuser
another superuser (sorry pressed finish 8/ ; i wiped it off device with romtoolbox.thinking playstore would have a bounty of better wifi apps so here i am .what do you suggest now that you know my setup ,also how can i upgrade binary ,is it nesscessary ? thx AEON1

Upvote 0
im not dumb but theres alot of stuff "ghost mac” wifi application ? please respond .thank you A1
No problemo,yes there are toatlly good amount of variety of this apk.,but this "ghost mac"is named exactly how you see,though theres mac ghost mac with the pac man ghost cant be throwing,we are mainly looking for a mac address changer and can use mac addess changer"black icon with blue wifi signal"can be used by tapping the button"generate random mac"then most imprtant always"simple change"never"hard change"I like ghost mac because you just tap the screen and badda-bing-badda-boom! It does the rest for you,what we're basically tring to accomplish is to disguise your mac address everytime you go to log in,kind of like getting in line for a free hamburger,then getting back in with a pair of glasses and a fake mustache,hehehe,and as for the bianary you speak about is it a massage that states:the super user bianary is outdated please install update?sorry if im wrong on that but if so can you tell me more about this bianary you wish to update,thanks and sorry i wasent fully detailed.

Upvote 0
im not dumb but theres alot of stuff "ghost mac” wifi application ? please respond .thank you A1
No problemo,yes there are toatlly good amount of variety of this apk.,but this "ghost mac"is named exactly how you see,though theres mac ghost mac with the pac man ghost cant be throwing,we are mainly looking for a mac address changer and can use mac addess changer"black icon with blue wifi signal"can be used by tapping the button"generate random mac"then most imprtant always"simple change"never"hard change"I like ghost mac because you just tap the screen and badda-bing-badda-boom! It does the rest for you,what we're basically tring to accomplish is to disguise your mac address everytime you go to log in,kind of like getting in line for a free hamburger,then getting back in with a pair of glasses and a fake mustache,hehehe,and as for the bianary you speak about is it a massage that states:the super user bianary is outdated please install update?sorry if im wrong on that but if so can you tell me more about this bianary you wish to update,thanks and sorry i wasent fully detailed.
good evening ,the ”update binary" is chainfire su prompt,its installed (¿?!)i guess ,seriosly ha ha my root checker has it over" su x legacy" in my installtion, i have both of them installed.as i already stated im not a techy juz an old hippy (really) chugg n along.chainfire su keeps repeating ”binary needs update" so im baffled,2years ago i rooted a lg optimus and had chainfire working properly. everything is running smootly,i'veALOT of apps moved to outer SD (i think ha ha ,recenly saw inner sd mentioned)have next 3 d launcher pro(awesum app, no root needed) my issue is wifi install and the binary, again thx for stepping forward to help. as far as mac i went on line and was told my device wasnt compatable..thx AEON1✌

Upvote 0
welk that was strange ,it wont let me into that app ,found it in play store. my issue is no wifi is installed on my device,i intentionaly removed it with rom app manager,thinking play store would have a bounty of better replacements..not

Upvote 0
aye ”su binary” needs update , correct wording..

Upvote 0
i cannot lie, im extremely disapointed with the lack of help, im a reg guy no developer im old, sick, n juz wanna have peace o mind like my twtr handle,i cant for the life of me believe that with all your extensive knowledge no one knows where i can obtain a new wifi program to install. Blu8 could really use your help.but it is what it is ,i dont kiss ass or pick fights but if attacked i defend. i honestly never used wifi until just 2 months ago,its almost to the point of i cant trust try n to factory reboot for warranty replace or repair , and my device is working well. i never imagined this would turn into such a nite mare. my conscience us clear is yours..? sincerely AEON1. ps call my statement snarky or what ever but i call em like I see em...✌

Upvote 0
The update is for the super user binary,i've given up on wifi i dont game ,and for now w/5.1.1android lollypop i've evra thing i need i think to keep my root safe,what do you think? AEON1

Upvote 0
ha ha ha ,how bout that su binary update?

Upvote 0
good evening ,the ”update binary" is chainfire su prompt,its installed (¿?!)i guess ,seriosly ha ha my root checker has it over" su x legacy" in my installtion, i have both of them installed.as i already stated im not a techy juz an old hippy (really) chugg n along.chainfire su keeps repeating ”binary needs update" so im baffled,2years ago i rooted a lg optimus and had chainfire working properly. everything is running smootly,i'veALOT of apps moved to outer SD (i think ha ha ,recenly saw inner sd mentioned)have next 3 d launcher pro(awesum app, no root needed) my issue is wifi install and the binary, again thx for stepping forward to help. as far as mac i went on line and was told my device wasnt compatable..thx AEON1✌
Mean your super user dont match the devices root,no biggie can be fixed,you said you can flash,use cwm -SuperSU-v0.99.zip and use a custom recovery to install it-dont forget to wipe data cache and factory restore before doing so,may not be necessary,but i do it just as a precaution,it's been awhile but that should fix the binary miss match problem.nice to meet you and good luck!

Upvote 0
where may i find a workable(free)wifi
app download? trying to avoid down time to send phone(warranty) back for replacement as i am diasabled living in a camper.need phone for emergencys.i do have basic root function,everything else is working fine. any input is most welcome .thx y'all .. AEON1
p.s. is metropcs version
Since you rooted with Kingroot have you tried using Super - Sume pro to switch to just SuperSU? Kingroot uses Kinguser or something like that, not really sure as i have only used it once. The phone i did use it on is a Straight talk Galaxy Grand prime.

It didn't have native tethering, so i used Super Sume pro to change and wipe the Kingroot binaries and switch to just SuperSU the non pro version, i have the pro version but saw no need to install it. I only bought the pro version to support Chainfire. :)

As far as enabling tethering and making it show in the settings it was easy, for your device if i remember right it would be to use es file explorer or similar to edit the build prop. You would look for this line.

"net.tethering.noprovisioning=false" Change it to "net.tethering.noprovisioning=true" reboot and you should see the tethering option in the settings. basically delete the part that says false and then type true.

Note: editing the wrong line in your build prop causes major issues!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: ThePhizzle
Upvote 0
thx for responding im confused, i've basic root , i hve su x legacy su, and chainfire,titanium backup ,its running its first program now. chainfire wants update legacy no, i dont want and can not afford to brick this,i've no pc so im on my own. have custom apps to sd,ive removed the bloatware so im might just sit tight. i tryed like a maniac to find a new wifi app software install,given up on that.su x legacy runs w/no update request, altho chainfire hopped over and is running i know it sounds confusing,sorry i dont have the tech knowledge. i have a custom keyboard a.i type pro w/emoji(nice since i posted my dissapointment here im getting my device wont work here, nice play) the old one uninstalled i've next 3D launcher (killer app) so for an old guy with no tech knowledge and the help ihve recieved im ok i think. when you guys suggest things not sure where to obtain them ,thx again AEON1

Upvote 0
thx for responding im confused, i've basic root , i hve su x legacy su, and chainfire,titanium backup ,its running its first program now. chainfire wants update legacy no, i dont want and can not afford to brick this,i've no pc so im on my own. have custom apps to sd,ive removed the bloatware so im might just sit tight. i tryed like a maniac to find a new wifi app software install,given up on that.su x legacy runs w/no update request, altho chainfire hopped over and is running i know it sounds confusing,sorry i dont have the tech knowledge. i have a custom keyboard a.i type pro w/emoji(nice since i posted my dissapointment here im getting my device wont work here, nice play) the old one uninstalled i've next 3D launcher (killer app) so for an old guy with no tech knowledge and the help ihve recieved im ok i think. when you guys suggest things not sure where to obtain them ,thx again AEON1
Sorry bout the help being a little discouraging and it can be a little frustrating,and i only wish there was a little more helpful ways to do this,like videochat,but i give these forum members the credit they derive doing things this way is a lot harder than i thought,when someone come to me for help they bring there device with them and i could usually have the device in front of me,but im pretty sure with a little more time,the answer you seek will find it's way towards you.sorry if thats not very reassuring and the truth is im a electronic technician who's studying for a degree in Android interface development,every member in the forum have specialties that there more advanced in,so don't give up hope,your answer lies in one of these intelligent gentlemens knowledge.☺

Upvote 0
Mean your super user dont match the devices root,no biggie can be fixed,you said you can flash,use cwm -SuperSU-v0.99.zip and use a custom recovery to install it-dont forget to wipe data cache and factory restore before doing so,may not be necessary,but i do it just as a precaution,it's been awhile but that should fix the binary miss match problem.nice to meet you and good luck!
happa wenz'D The Phizzle! did find 1 major part of my prob located the deletion time when i deleted *wifi connection manager* on king roots logs.i tryed to download an update link but google blocked me.im going to try lg 1 more time. all y'all holding back help ,karma's a real good friend o mine ,i'll get back to ya Phizzle Cheers!

Upvote 0
thx for coming forward,happa Wenz'D! ok ive a rooted (basic root light ha ha) seriously! device ,titanium backup, SU X Leagacy,king root,king purifier,. i've no pc ,can the flashing of the rom be a safe(done with no pc?) procedure? honestly i maybe have logged in 24hrs lifetime on wifi ha ha ha ,i dont game its become an obsession of sorts just to do this .your kind response is appreciated as i have no idea how to do your suggested procedure.thx AEON1

Upvote 0
thx, when i said light root i did not wipe data/cache, dalvik ect az in the proper root technique ,so i still receive updates,as well as my root apps w/o losing root,w/o repeating already posted info ,i pretty much gave my history in detail.the cyba world is fascinating,it still amazes me how man has come up with this tech, tiz amazing im 61 1/2 so i did'nt
benefit being educated with the use of computors to start.ima decent mechanic ,drummer fisherman housepainter ect ,and i run a nice twtr @peaceOmind22.i was attacked my first day here ,by 2 folks one ended up helping me big time the other just put me down. doesnt matter what you do in life people are people in all chosen areas of expertice ,you have your good ,bad n down rite ,well im sure you can guess my word of choice. its like twtr alot of bigger accounts wont give newbies da time o day,me i reach out to all, like here the good folk dont let thier knowledge go to thier heads,they'll reach out ta help like y'all n The Phizz ...Cheers AEON1

Reactions: ThePhizzle
Upvote 0
Nobody is holding back help.
You want wifi back, flash the stock ROM.[
Perhaps you have a friend with a PC who can help you reflash the stock ROM.
i wish i did thx, my friends are dieing off for real and the rest are up 1,578miles north of me on good ol Cape Cod ma im actually living in a camper in an industrial parking lot in s.fla. no social life at all cept for da net ,mostly twtr..

/QUOTE]

Upvote 0
Screenshot_2016-01-26-18-49-37.png
if you could find me a safe place to download new software to try update it or install a whole new app would that work?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones