• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG G Watch by Android Wear Official!

Rob

Galaxy S20 Ultra
News Moderator
Administrator
  • Mar 26, 2008
    androidforums.com
    Just announced!
    The LG G Watch by Android Wear

First LG G Watch Picture:
    lg-g-watch.jpg

Looks kind of plasticky and cheap to me... I hope it isn't! But it also looks crazily thin... I hope it is!

Another image surfaced today on LGUK twitter:

Bjfy-rrCAAAr39R.jpg

I do agree with Rob, the appearance doesn't have the same Wow! factor as Moto 360, but IMHO square/rectangular display has more touch screen functionality and being less fancy hopefully will mean a cheaper price for the same functionality.

The big open question is about the spec, battery life, micro-sd expansion (?), tethering vs stand alone operation, replaceable watchband, waterproof rating, and if the screen will be on (at least to display the time).

Reactions: RichSz and Outatime
    Upvote 0
    If the Moto 360 was some psycho price, like over $300, I'd be getting the LG. If the Moto actually releases at the expected $250, I'm in.

I guess we'll have stuff confirmed today. Google I/O starts at 9:00 PDT/12:00 EDT. Can't wait.

They just confirmed. You can order the G watch and the new Samsung Gear from the play store this afternoon. The 360 will be out "later this summer". No word on pricing on any of them.

Upvote 0
    It's sadly designed exactly like a Pebble watch which means it also lacks a speaker and has zero buttons. Navigating the UI is a pain in the rear. I give it six months before it has the fate of my Pebble, which got gouged all to heck and back and eventually ingested gasoline at work while draining the oil from a golf car that had a crankcase full of gas. IP67 did not help. Eventually the Pebble stopped communicating with my phone and I later stomped it with my foot in frustration.

It does NOT have Gorilla Glass. The screen will easily get gouged up without a screen protector.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones