• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] LG G2 Problem (Please help ASAP)

Good afternoon,

I'm new to this website. I use LG G2 D802 (rooted with Cloudy G3 rom). Last night I downloaded a font from a forum (should i post the download link?) and used ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.font.installer&hl=en ) this app to locate and install the font. While installing it asked me superuser permissions, i clicked allow. Then it asked me to restart the phone for the changes, i clicked Yes. After that, my phone stucks on the 2nd LG LOGO while booting, and it stays stuck there. Please help me fix this problem :(

PS: I just know that font replaced the original Smartgothic Font.
Pls have a look on this Video: LG G2 Problem - YouTube

I will appreciate your efforts in helping me, is it possible to fix without erasing data? or backing up the phone? Sorry for bad English :(

Do you have a nandroid backup that you could restore? That would be the easiest route.

If not, you could potentially try removing the app via adb shell while in your custom recovery. (you don't need to select any recovery options, adb will work while the main menu is showing with nothing selected). I'm not sure what changes it committed at the time of install and/or if those changes would be reversed upon uninstall or if the app is effectively running all the time such that removal would set things back to normal default settings. To remove the app you'll need to know the apk name so...

adb shell ls /data/app/

Once you have the name of the app.apk then remove...

adb shell rm /data/app/nameofapp.apk

I would then wipe ONLY cache and dalvik cache while still in recovery. Then reboot to system and see how it goes.

Final option is of course to wipe data/cache/dalvik and then reinstall the rom which I assume MAY still be on your sdcard. If not you'd have to adb push the rom, then flash.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones