• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG G2 water damage start up problems

aamberrr

Lurker
Jan 4, 2015
Unfortunately my LG G2 has gotten some water damage. I immediately took it out took off the back and put in in rice the device powered off before I could power it off manually. Its been drying for about three and a half days so we tried charging the phone. The phone started up but stopped charging due to the battery temperature, when powered on it with go through the start up then power off when it reaches the lock screen. When I tried it again, I noticed that it came up in safe mode.

I understand the chances that the phone will work are slim, however I would like to try at the very least. If anyone has any idea what may be the problem or any advice in general it would be appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones