1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

LG G2x Gingerbread Update ProblemSupport

1. Matt3166

Matt3166 Well-Known Member

I got my OTA update notice last night. I started the download process and went to bed, figured it would be done by morning. So I woke up this morning and was excited to install it, but something happen with my data connection and the download froze at 97% . I had to shut down my phone to clear the down and went to start it again and now its giving my the message of, "your software is up to date". I keep checking every half hour but the same thing.
    Any ideas?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. nateap87

nateap87 Well-Known Member

master reset?
  3. mojorisin7178

mojorisin7178 Well-Known Member

HA HA master reset is the answer for everything on the g2x. I have heard that that happened to a few people I think you need to make sure that you are in a good area where you know that you have full reception and never lose reception if you know that your phone doesnt always have reception then dont do it in that spot it think it only takes about 10 or 15 minutes to download. What you need to do is use a PC and do it through theLG website that should work.

Charlie
  4. dopejayoh

dopejayoh Well-Known Member

the same thing happened to me except mine stopped at 11%
    i tried doing the master reset and nope didn't work
    it says i have the latest version of the software but I have 2.2.2

i guess we have to play the waiting game.
  5. danv

danv New Member

I want the lg camera back
    awdroid likes this.
  6. mojorisin7178

mojorisin7178 Well-Known Member

Oh Danv we all want the dam lg camera app back. If you check out the forums you will see that there is a way to get the LG camera back but first you need to root the phone (which is easy as pie I am thinkin of doing it myself) There is a way to root the phone and still have the new baseband and the GB 2.3.3 just a little tweeked I think there might even be a rom that already includes the LG camerea app but I could be wrong. If I am wrong I think it is just as easy as rooting the phone to install the LG camnera app. They really have figured out how to dumb it down for us Noobs.
  7. bascusan

bascusan New Member

Gingerbread= phone in COMA.
    A few hours ago I atemp to update my g2x into gingerbread, from the lg page.
    Every was perfect, actually a notification from from my pc that the process was finished (About 8 minutes ???)
    Then a usb notification from my pc announcing that there isn't any device connected.
    And now my phone doesn't respond the usb connectivity, even the master reset (Just put in screen the box and the tiny android.
    Please help.