• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG G3 D855 EFS Locked Folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

darione555

Lurker
Aug 16, 2015
confused.gif
Dear developers and dear moderators ,
After days of trying and dizziness I am stuck in front of a wall : the folder EFS blocked .
I explain the situation , my brother bought from a GUY , about six months ago a g3 lg d855 and now for some weeks has been blocked imei ( for non-payment of tax - we did not know that there was an active subscription ) now that GUY is gone ( was a fraud ) and the telephone operator ( Vodafone ) do not want to unlock the iMEI despite our explanations .
So I wondered ... someone has been able to change the IMEI on a g3 lg d855 ? ( I know that in Italy there is a doubt about the legality of this procedure ... but what do I do ? ) I tried with QPST but arrived at the magic moment tells me the folder EFS is blocked .
I tried it with root permissions etc ... nothing to do, I also did a downgrade from Lollipop KK .. nothing to do.
I will not ask for your help to change IMEI .
I ask you to help set the IMEI to Null .
as if I had formatted the folder EFS .
can you help me format the EFS ? Thanks and sorry for my English .
crying.gif

Cari sviluppatori e cari moderatori,
dopo giorni di tentativi e giramenti di testa mi trovo bloccato davanti ad un muro: la cartella EFS bloccata.
Vi spiego la situazione, mio fratello ha comprato da un tizio , circa 6 mesi fa un lg g3 d855 e adesso da qualche settimana è stato bloccato l'imei( per mancato pagamento delle rate - noi non sapevamo che vi fosse attivo un abbonamento) , ora quel ragazzo è scomparso(era un truffatore) e l'operatore telefonico(VODAFONE) non vuole sbloccare l'imei nonostante le nostre spiegazioni.
Allora mi sono domandato...qualcuno è mai riuscito a cambiare l'imei su un lg g3 d855?(so benissimo che in Italia esiste il dubbio sulla legalità di questa procedura...ma cosa devo fare?) io ho provato con QPST ma arrivati al momento magico mi dice che la cartella EFS è bloccata..
Non voglio chiedere il vostro aiuto per cambiare imei.
Vi chiedo aiuto per settare l'imei su Null.
come se avessi formattato la cartella EFS.
potete aiutarmi a formattare la EFS? Grazie e scusate per il mio inglese.

Hello and welcome!
I'm really sorry you got a bad deal, and that sucks the guy is gone. As you state, if it's legally questionable in Italy, there is no question here in the U.S.
Not sure we want to go down that road here either. In the U.S., once a device has had its IMEI blocked because a delinquent account, they won't activate it until the contract is paid up.
Now, being a U.S. site, we cannot provide direction on how to make that phone function again.

I am closing this thread due to that fact, and if you have any questions about my actions, please feel free to contact me by clicking on my avatar to start a private conversation with me ok?
Thanks;)

/thread closed

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones