• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LG G3 Resolution too low - can't use phone

I'm running CM 12.1 on an LG G3 (VS985) with TWRP recovery.

I used an app called UI Tuner to change my resolution, thinking that it would revert back to normal after 15 seconds.. well it didn't. It crashed? when I did it, and then it started back up? with the super low resolution.

Now I'm stuck with a screen that's like 200x300 and the DPI is wayy off, so I can't really use the screen.

I used TWRP to manually delete the app, but the problem persists. The reason it doesn't just reset my resolution upon startup is because I had it set to change my resolution to 1920x1080 for better performance on startup. Is there a way to stop it from running on startup? I have access to TWRP still, and I can sorta do very limited things within my phone, but it's so small that all I can do is open apps and see the very tops of them.

I tried looking for a way to manually stop apps from running on startup, but all I can find are guides on how to use apps that you install.. which doesn't help at all.

I really would like to keep my current apps and setup and everything. I almost resorted to just flashing a new ROM, but I really don't want to do that.

I tried using ADB, but it says that there's no device found. I'm pretty sure I had USB debugging on, so I don't know why it can't find my phone... although I can't really see it to tell if it's on or not.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones