• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ace_tECH

Dec 5, 2014
Hey guys I would just like to know if constantly powering off and on a phone to adjust sim card can damage the phone ? I did that a lot of times yesterday but in the end had to send my G3 to the LG shop. But did I damage my phone by powering off and on the thing continuously? Thx

These devices are meant to be turned on/off. There is nothing to damage by engaging a predetermined and safe shutdown sequence. Removing the SIM during a powered up state could potentially cause an issue with the EFS depending on bad luck. Could potentially result in an inability to access network, etc. If you were powering down each time to remove SIM and had a problem...it was a fluke.

Upvote 0
These devices are meant to be turned on/off. There is nothing to damage by engaging a predetermined and safe shutdown sequence. Removing the SIM during a powered up state could potentially cause an issue with the EFS depending on bad luck. Could potentially result in an inability to access network, etc. If you were powering down each time to remove SIM and had a problem...it was a fluke.
Thx

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones