• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG G4 LS991 Broken Screen - Is Phone Also Broken?

tiffalala

Lurker
Oct 12, 2014
Hi, my screen is broken, but I want to make sure my phone is NOT before I spend any money on this. Yesterday, when I broke it, and up until earlier today, I could tell my home screen was being displayed, but it was upside down. The phone also made the usual startup noises and the screen would still rotate. I was using it in my car earlier to make calls while paired to my car so I didn't need a screen. Out of nowhere, the device unpaired and the screen is no longer readable. When I restart it, it no longer makes any of the startup noises. Does this mean my phone is actually broken, or is it still just a screen thing?

The charging light comes on and the phone screen comes on...now that I am inside, I can tell there is still a small piece of the home screen that shows. It is still upside down. When I call the phone, it goes straight to voicemail even though it is on. Earlier, I could pair it to my car or I could receive calls by pressing the volume button to answer. I cannot use the power button to turn the screen off or the phone off, either. It only turns the phone on. Nothing happens when I plug it into a computer.

Upvote 0
Sorry, missed your reply.

It sounds like the phone is dead, with several internal components damaged, not just the screen. :(

Well, I was suspicious of the same since it initially still worked and then suddenly stopped. I took it to get repaired and the guy replaced the screen, but the replacement was defective. It still cannot take incoming calls (goes straight to VM when phone is on) and will not pair with my car. The new screen does not light up at all. The guy at the repair place still seems to think it is a screen issue. The new one will be in tomorrow or the next day so I guess I will know for sure then.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones