• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG G5, biased reviews or what?

InsaneRuffles

Lurker
Mar 23, 2016
So I recently picked up an LG G5 as an upgrade, and after reading several reviews, I am genuinely confused. Almost all of the negatives in these reviews are without merit, as I could not identify any of these problems on my phone. Then I realized the S7 was mentioned in all these reviews as being much better. I know Samsung has been king of the androids for awhile now, but this seems ridiculous. My brother chose to upgrade to an S7, so I have been able to use both for an extended amount of time, and I can honestly say they are about dead even. Its only tastes, with the removable battery on the G5 and waterproof case on the S7 being the major differences.

For what its worth I'm not really dedicated to any brand. I came from the LG G2, which I despised. I just want to know what's up with all the hate. Makes no sense to me.

Reactions: KOLIO
So I recently picked up an LG G5 as an upgrade, and after reading several reviews, I am genuinely confused. Almost all of the negatives in these reviews are without merit, as I could not identify any of these problems on my phone. Then I realized the S7 was mentioned in all these reviews as being much better. I know Samsung has been king of the androids for awhile now, but this seems ridiculous. My brother chose to upgrade to an S7, so I have been able to use both for an extended amount of time, and I can honestly say they are about dead even. Its only tastes, with the removable battery on the G5 and waterproof case on the S7 being the major differences.

For what its worth I'm not really dedicated to any brand. I came from the LG G2, which I despised. I just want to know what's up with all the hate. Makes no sense to me.

I'm no fanboi of any particular mfg either.
I read the reviews,but,take em' all with a big chunk of salt,as most sites aren't very forthcoming regarding the influence on the slant of the reviews (Sponsored Content).
Your best bet is always to try it out yourself & return if necessary within the buyers remorse time frame.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
Hmm. I've read reviews by GSMArena and PhoneArena (i think that was the other one I checked) , and I don't think they're biased at all. I don't even remember mentioning the S7 in the review at all except in the end where they said it was almost even.

GSMArena even had the LG ahead in some areas in the camera head to head. I remember thr phonearena side by side review had some things to say about build quality, and they had videos to show of their issues with it. Like how the edges of the metal were easily chipped and the main housing and modules covet on the G5 didn't sit nicely flush against each other with quite a noticeable space. But that could be for their particular unit only. I suggest you try looking at different sites for reviews.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones