1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support LG GT540 Screen won't unlock

1. ThreeLions

ThreeLions New Member

Hi,

I wonder if anybody can help.

My son has an LG540 which we now can not unlock due to the touch screen not working. It's just over 1 year old, out of warranty, but before I replace it I wonder if it might be a software issue and so would like to reset it to factory default first just to see what that does.

Trouble is I can't unlock the phone or use the screen. I recently upgraded the phone to Andriod 2 and so Phone Recovery or Phone Software say that no updates are available.

Anybody know how I can force a software re-apply or downgrade or factory reset without the touch screen?

Can't even get the phone into Emergency Mode, which I think is Volume Up, Home and Search at the same time for 5 seconds.

Am I wasting my time?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. androidboss7

androidboss7 Well-Known Member

As you said you could try to hard reset it!!
    Go to google and type how to hard reset lg gt540!!
    Sorry i didn't have time to post the instructions!! :):)
  3. azizul.hoque

azizul.hoque New Member

I am facing same problem also. Please help
  4. Delsus

Delsus Well-Known Member

I would imagine it is a hardware problem with the touchscreen, if the phone is just out of warrenty you may be lucky and LG still cover it becuase its good PR when you tell all your friends and family they did it, but I would start off with a hard reset to ensure there is no software problem, here are the instructions Hard Reset LG Optimus GT540 100% working method