LG GW620 - Touchscreen UnresponsiveSupport

Last Updated:

1. goo.se

goo.se New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys,

On my LG GW620 lately, the touchscreen has stopped working for periods. I would normally just lock the screen and come back to it in 5 minutes and it would be fine again.

Turned it on today and the touch screen will not pick up any action what soever, cant swipe to a different home screen or open any icons.

However the weird thing is, on the home screen when i press the physical center button at the bottom of the phone to bring up settings/notifications/search/add etc ... As i try to push my finger on them the menu disappears but does not register the push.

Ive updated software using the LG support tool, up to version GW620-V10C.
    I am running 1.5, and have also tried factory reset.

I'm very lost as to whether its a software or hardware error.

Any help would be great!
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. OpenEtna

OpenEtna New Member

Have you tried flashing the firmware? Sounds to me like a software error bro :/

3. goo.se

Hi, thanks for the reply,

The only software type update ive done was using that updater on the LG website.

Mobile Phone Support

So im not sure whether thats firmware or not.

Would you pleeeeease be able to explain how to flash the firmware? or provide a handy link about how to do it?

Also i forgot to add, when my screen was working it use to go off calibration a lot!! Sometimes by .5cm sometimes by 2-3cm +

It only ever went off one direction too, where it would register left to where i press. And I have already tried the hidden menu calibration tool.

Hope what I said was clear enough and also hoping for some help! :)

4. ginchan33

ginchan33 New Member

I've noticed that it does that when it starts to over heat, especially during summer. I usualy just throw it in the freezer for about 5 mins and it comes out fine :p

5. goo.se

Well it is summer here in New Zealand.

Are you referring to the calibration issues or the touchscreen completely not responding? Cause ive heard the calibration can be caused by heat as well.

But freezer? really? In an air tight bag i guess?