• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LG Home App successfully installed AND themed black and blue.

OK. I made a new LG_home app and its colored too! To install,copy to the root of your sd card, reboot into recovery, Go into the mounts in the recovery and mount /system and /sdcard. Then in command prompt do adb shell (instant #) and type mv /sdcard/LG_Home.apk /system/app/ it should be successful. here is the file
EDIT: you can also use cat /sdcard/LG_Home.apk > /system/app/LG_Home.apk WITHOUT BEING IN RECOVERY.

screenshot.png

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B2kZa_dxydalZGI4Y2EzNGQtNjZmNi00M2M4LThkNWMtMGI4YTMyMjkwNjcy&hl=en

Yes mv works in recovery with any apk because you have full permissions. however it will not work when in androidOS itself

It's not a matter of permissions, it's a technical problem. mv'ing a file across devices is usually not a capability of the mv command. Does the recovery partition have a different set of tools than you'd normally use from within Android?

EDIT: Did some tests, and yes the recovery image comes with its own copy of busybox. This also led me to discover that this *would* work within Android if you used /system/xbin/mv rather than mv (assuming you have busybox in /system/xbin).

Upvote 0
think you could make it a little easyer to install ima liittle bit of noob when it comes to abd

It's only like 2 lines, given in the first post. Really, you should get familiar with adb. Give it a try, and if you run into problems come back and we'll help. It's the best way to learn and if you're living in the world of root, you should really get to know the terminal.

Upvote 0
Yeah but I have a mac that's not able to run sdk and after some searching I couldn't find how to abd on mac
Couldn't I just install zip in clockwork?

I'll assume you mean you have a powerpc mac, then. I've heard you can build pieces of the SDK from source, but not all.

Another option is to execute the same lines from the terminal emulator on the phone (see Market).

As far as flashing a zip, you'd have to make one. If you zipped this up in /system/app/ within a zip archive, it may work. Probably worth a shot if you can't use the terminal at all.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones