1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

LG Home Launcher Problem

1. Jason316

Jason316 New Member

I am completely new to this forum and to Rooting Androids. I just finished rooting my Optimus One last night and my intentions were to get rid of some bloatware to help out with the limited internal memory of the Optimus One. However, I am an idiot and the first thing I uninstalled was the LG Home launcher. After panicking, seeing that the screen was totally black and I couldn't access any apps I decided to try to do a hard reset and all that did was wipe out everything. I have tried using Android Injector to put the .apk file for LG Home back on it, but it requires the USB Debugging mode turned on and since I can't access anything, I can't turn it on. Like I said, I am completely new to all of this and I really don't know what I am doing. Please HELP!!!

Advertisement
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Welcome Jason316, glad to have you in the community :)

Your best bet is going to be to flash another ROM on there and hope that this one will have the LG Home Launcher.

If you need help doing so here are guides to help you: Optimus One - All Things Root - Android Forums

First thing you do when you want to root is you create a backup, before you even think about rooting your phone you create a backup. Then when you root it, you create another backup just in case ;)

Anyhow hopefully this helps, if not feel free to reword your question or repost on here to let me know.

Thanks! and enjoy the AF community :D
  3. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Hello, Jason... :)

Welcome aboard. I see that Digital Controller had steered you in the right direction and has also giving you some good advice. Here's hoping the resources on here will be of great help to you.

Cheers!