• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG L70 w/ Kit Kat, but no integrated Google Now?!?

ChuckyB

Lurker
Oct 17, 2012
My wife decided she wanted a larger screen than her old LG Motion. We opted for the LG L70 because of the $49 deal. The device has the features for her limited needs.

Never mind the Metro bloatware. What strikes me as odd, is that the L70 version of Kit Kat is missing the built in Google Now. I downloaded the app from G-Play, but it's not the same. It doesn't have it's own page to the left of the home screen, but just a widget. It doesn't automatically from any screen with a "okay, google", but instead you need to push the microphone button first.

Maybe I'm spoiled with my Google Play bought Nexus 4 which also runs Kit Kat, but seemingly a far different version that's on her phone.

I didn't realize that the pure android would differ so greatly from versions with manufacturer and Metro overlays. It's not just the Google Now.

Or am I missing something, and did it incorrectly?

When I first got the L70, I also thought that it didn't have the Google Now. can't remember if I downloaded it, or I just had trouble knowing how to launch it.

On a previous device, Google Now launched when I pushed the home button. but it wasn't working that way on the L70. on the L70 it launches when I push the icon of the Google "g" on a blue background.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones