• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Lucid 2 -VS870 - on GSM?

bro im in dominican republic, is more a software issue cause no way that you can enter a code or change the network or toogle between gsm and cdma if u try an app to change setting pop up a window that said (this app doesnt work on this device) or something like that we need a gsm rom for this phone

Upvote 0
bro im in dominican republic, is more a software issue cause no way that you can enter a code or change the network or toogle between gsm and cdma if u try an app to change setting pop up a window that said (this app doesnt work on this device) or something like that we need a gsm rom for this phone

Dominican Republic? Qloq Papa dime a ver cx soy de aqui tambien

Upvote 0
Changing "ro.build.target_operator=VZW" in build.prop unlocks network toggle. Change VZW to anything. Then use any phone info app to toggle. I tried but cannot toggle to GSM. Instantly goes back to CDMA

Edit: i have lg spectrum 2 vs930 which has exact same hardware as lucid 2. VS930 has GSM.
If someone can guide me how to backup and flash baseband from VS930 to VS870 maybe we can make GSM work.

Edit: Changing "ro.build.target_operator=VZW" also unlocks *228

Reactions: elnaog
Upvote 0
Hi.

First, all thanks to @GameTheory, your job help very much to test this phone.

Mi opinion is, this phone is hard locked, I can try to Sim Unlock this with other LG model ROM enter the code 2945#*870# an this send the message "this phone is permanently locked and cannot be unlocked" in all options.

1. Test, Zip recovery ROMs tested and Ported:

Root the phone and install Recovery (Loki patch).

Xperion_l1v_11-2-2014.zip is base ROM

Extract all system files to:

- VS870 (Edit build.prop and test kernel "Unsecured_kernel_l1v_9-25-14.zip")
- LG875
- V930
- P870
- Sphinx_Escape_V1 (Works 2945#*870# code, only acept LTE/CDMA and CDMA to select in settings)

Then inject system folder in base ROM (Xperion), and install from recovery.

2. Test, KDZ files tested to test own kernels:

- LG p780 works, touch fail
- LS930 No works, freeze the updater
- MS770 No works, Display problems

To return to original rom, Run the updater with the VS870 kdz file.

Final observations:

I do not know how to inject apks and files in the framework folder without generating an error or boot loops.

I try to mix the system folder of various roms, but I had problems with locks and system apps crash.

Greetings from Colombia and excuse my translation.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones