• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG Marquee constant reboot issue - please help!!

sunny1969

Lurker
Feb 27, 2013
Hi, I'm a new user (I literally just registered ten minutes ago) and I'm having a terribly annoying problem with my phone. I have an LG Marquee with Boost Mobile. A few hours ago, I opened up my gallery and the screen froze, then a force-close option popped up(which happens a lot with this phone so I'm used to it & thought it'd just force-close & then go back to normal as usual). Instead, the screen went blank & the blue icons (home, options, back, search) started flashing. My phone had restarted completely - I had no service, my wallpaper was blank, etc. my phone does this a lot actually but will just go back to normal. This time it started up normal, but the SD card icon appeared on my notifications bar & it read "checking SD card for errors". Typically this would occur but then the "Media Scanner is Running" icon would appear & my phone would be fine. The "media scanner running" pop up never appeared, and the blue icons just started flashing again as the screen went blank, only to reboot once again. My phone kept rebooting itself repeatedly for about an hour every minute or two (making it impossible to make a call or send a text!!:mad: then I finally just turned it off. Every time it'd reboot, it'd last a couple minutes & the "media scanner running" pop up would come up, then it'd reboot all over again. Seems as though the media scanner triggers the reboot :/

After reading through many posts on the internet about this issue, I tried a few things. In attempting to fix the problem, I realized that this issue has nothing to do with my phone itself or the battery - it's the SD card. I haven't dropped my phone at all lately and typically refrain from downloading extra apps that I really don't need. Mostly my SD card is taken up by photos, texts, videos, contacts, & three or four extra apps. The last app I downloaded was last night, it was a photo/gallery organizing app. When the reboots started occurring, I quickly uninstalled the app but it didn't fix the problem. The SD card doesn't look physically damaged at all, & neither does the small port it goes in. I use a 2GB micro SD card, the one that came with the phone when I bought it (not the best choice, I know, I just figured I could make due with it). I can run my phone perfectly fine without the impeccably annoying reboots occurring if I take the SD card out. The problem is that I obviously need my pictures and videos and other apps, etc. I had quite a few photos and videos, all of which I would be completely devastated and flat out pis*sed off to lose (especially b/c I had a lot of photos of a close friend that passed away recently in my gallery. Losing those would really make me sooo mad!)all I can do on my phone right now is access the internet, make calls, texts but I have none of my pics/vids & almost none of my apps. Please help me!! Not only do I want my media and apps back, the constant rebooting is a level of annoying I can't even begin to describe!! I would literally appreciate it so much if someone could help me fix this issue (without having to reformat my SD card and lose everything)': ) and would be forever grateful!! Idk how you reward/give a thanks to someone that helps you out on here, but I'd happily do it for anyone that can help me fix this problem ASAP. I'm soo unbelievably frustrated, please help me. Thanks so much! (BTW, my phone is not rooted and none if my photos, videos, or other SD card things are backed up - dumb, I know!! I'm learning my lesson right now, unfortunately)

UPDATE/EDIT: I have been trying different tricks and tips from others, nothing has solved the problem but I did notice that the media scanner will actually complete scanning and even load my gallery, apps, etc and show nee that the SD card has been mounted but will automatically reboot all over again by itself about 10 seconds later :( it's so frustrating that the card is loading and all my stuff is right there in front of me, but then my phone reboots by itself! :mad:

Another option is get a micro sd card USB adapter so you can plug it into a pc. You''l be able to save all your data that way. One thing I've found to be very helpful is to always keep a back-up of important data. Either keep them on your pc or upload them to DropBox.

Have you considered rooting you Marquee? You will have a lot more control over issues if you do. You can also make backups of the entire ROM with CWM ( ClockWorkMOd ). It is a recovery mod that you can put on your phone. It is included in the rooting steps in the Marquee All Things Root Section.

How to root your Marquee if you're interested.

http://androidforums.com/marquee-al...-your-updated-lg-marquee-phone-step-step.html

Good luck. :)

Reactions: sunny1969
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones