LG Marquee wi fi signal strengthTips

1. JJSooner

JJSooner New Member

Hi there to all. I'm a newfer to this forum AND to a droid product. I have an LG Marquee and am having a wi fi signal issue at work. At home my signal is wonderful. Fully connected and max bars for strength. At work I'm having problems keeping a strong signal so I can listen to i heart radio on wi fi instead of 3G(too much data usage). Is there a product out there to improve my wi fi signal strength? This phone has passed all the tests for me and is a great product. This is the one item I need to find an answer for. Thank you for any help in advance. I believe that if you want to get better at anything you have to surround yourself with smart people who know more than you do. Hence, I'm here

Advertisement
    :
  2. Phrant1c

Phrant1c Well-Known Member

You gotta take into account how far you are from the router and which frequency band The router operates on. At home you're wireless g router will cover your whole house. That same router in a larger building won't reach as far. There are apps like fresh network, but they won't do what you are looking for. If it's a weak signal no app or tweak is gonna boost that for you.
  3. JJSooner

JJSooner New Member

Yeah its an office building with a wireless system in place. I don't know the specifics on system type. My net-book picks up the signal just fine but its a net-book. How about some sort of range extender or plug in external antennae for this phone?