• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Mobile Support Tool - Installation problems

gunnaro

Lurker
Jul 3, 2012
Hi

I have LG P500 and wanted to update the software using the official LG Mobile Support Tool that you can download from the LG.com website.

Got to the website LG P500 Support: Find Manuals & Warranty Info | LG UK and have already downloaded and installed the USB driver for Windows.
Clicked next on the Download button for the Support Tool http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/client/app/B2CAppSetup.exe

When I try and install it, the installation just gets to about 5% then stops. The program doesn't freezes, it's just never finish the installation. I talked to a tech support guy at the LG.com website and tried a few different things but it didn't work.

Are you guys familiar with the problem?

Details:
  • I'm using 64 bit Windows 7. Apparently the tech support guy tried installing it on his Windows XP and had no problems. It looked like it's W7x64 problem, but i'm not sure.
  • Tried starting the installation with "run as administrator".
  • Treid starting the installation in compability mode with Windows Vista and Windows XP (SP3 and SP2)
  • Turned off TrendMicro virus protection, in case something in the security was stopping the installation.
  • Tried this on a different computer with same results. However, the 2nd computer was also using 64 bit Windows 7.

Has anyone else had problems like this with the LG support tool? I really want to use it to update the Android OS and more on my phone.

Regards,
Gunnar

Hey Gunnar, Welcome to AF! I moved your thread to the LG Optimus One Support and Troubleshooting forum, you should get better help there. Thanks for joining up!

Hi and thanks for the welcome

I was thinking about posting this in P500 section, but the problem isn't exactly phone related, it's just the LG support software that is causing the problem. That's why I posted it under the general section. It's the same software for all LG users. Was I wrong in posting it there? (Just to be clear for future posts, i'm new) :)

Regards,
Gunnar

Upvote 0
I have the same exact problem man, cant figure out why

Have never seen this particular issue with the support tool before(I am also running Win7/64 bit. First try-delete everything LG related in your computer(be sure to clean out temp files as well).
It appears maybe it is an error on there side. Let me know and we can try another option.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones