• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG Motion 4G - Factory Reset / Uninstalling Apps

djslakor

Jan 15, 2013
LG Motion 4G just arrived.

If one does a factory reset, will the various Metro apps come back to the way they were when I originally powered on the phone? How about if you uninstall the Metro apps, would they come back with a factory reset?

If not, where could one get these apps again, such as Metro411?

Thank you!

I went ahead and tested it out.

I uninstalled a lot of the preinstalled apps such as Metro411, MStudio, etc., then did a factory restore. Upon reset, all of those apps were back, the same as it was when I took it out of the box.

I'm not sure why people answer questions with false answers if they've never tried it. :p

Upvote 0
I went ahead and tested it out.

I uninstalled a lot of the preinstalled apps such as Metro411, MStudio, etc., then did a factory restore. Upon reset, all of those apps were back, the same as it was when I took it out of the box.

I'm not sure why people answer questions with false answers if they've never tried it. :p
By any chance did you disable them but didnt realize the button said disable?

Upvote 0
On a quasi-related note...

I might be considering a 'clean sweep' in the near future before doing the "e" firmware update. I've never factory reset a phone before :)o say what??). If I do so, do I need to write anything down beforehand (like IMEI, etc.)? Or does a factory reset simply restore the phone to its out-of-the-box condition when it comes to apps/data but be completely connected to the MetroPCS network and usable for phone calls immediately after resetting?

I guess what I'm asking is whether I'll have to call MetroPCS to re-establish service.

Thanks for any info.

Upvote 0
TJayAndroid,

I factory reset my Motion 4G just to see what would happen. As you suspected, it simply returns the phone back to the fresh out of box state. Your phone will still work with MetroPCS, you don't have to call them to reactive it or anything like that. You will however lose all of your data and user installed apps. Additionally, if you removed any of the MetroPCS bloatware, it will be back.

From someone who actually did it ...

Upvote 0
I rooted my LG motion in ubuntu 12.04 running through Acer C7 Chromebook OS. i see this post is alittle old, but I really need some help.

I installed this app through the play store:

which "bricked" my phone (note: after running the app then it reboots phone, which made my phone reboot to a blank screen and then became unresponsive)

I emailed the developer of this app, and they responded with these instructions:

So far I have downloaded and installed a program named Eclipse with JDT in the terminal; then i kept following instructions from this guide:

only until the third section of number 3, simply because I am new to linux, developement, and running code, I don't know how to look up the directory in terminal to locate files.
Am I on the right track here because I don't have many resources to research having been already looking through numorous forums and asking a lot of questions. I need you help. And if you happen to know how to unbrick or uninstall in ubuntu - HOLLA BACK PLEASE.
thx.
:afraid:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones