• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG Motion 4g Won't power up..

Kiibz29

Jul 29, 2011
Jersey
Hi guys,

First and foremost I want to apologize for any inconvenience in posting and or creating this new thread may cause, i apologize for 2 reasons, first one being I couldn't find a working solution(if one is available to my problem) and 2 i'm not really a forum savvy kind of guy. However I have been using AF for the last few years off/on for help with my android devices, from rooting to roms, etc. For that I want to offer and extend a long over due thank you to all of you who work so hard on the roms, solutions to our problems etc. THANK YOU!

Now as for the problem i have at hand now, I I have an LG Motion 4g (LGMS770) that just will not power on. I was going taking a run of the mill trip to the store to get something to eat and simply plugged my phone into the car charger to charge the phone a bit while i was driving. I stopped at the store pulled it out and checked to see if i had to bring anything home with me as i may not have heard it while the radio was up. I typically just hit the power button once with a simple tap to take it out of sleep/standby mode into active mode. This wasn't the case. I'm at the point of i thought it was the battery, no such luck after trying a battery from a friend who has the same exact phone, he was using it as i asked to borrow his battery. Still it won't power up. I've tried the combination of PWR+VOL DOWN, then i've tried where i read PWR+VOL UP and DWN...to no avail i still have nothing. I've also tried and this was tricky to do, PWR+VOL UP+VOL DWN+HOME KEY. Nothing again. I've tried taking the battery out for extended periods, and reinstalling with no such luck. I've also tried it with it charging or connected via wall charger and PC. I get no response. However the only response i do seem to get from the unit is that when i plug in a charging source, via pc and or wall charger the 3 soft keys (back, home, menu) seem to flash one time quickly. Otherwise while trying to do the combinations listed above while plugging it in and holding in one of those combinations i typically get the soft keys doing a simple 1 flash about every 10 seconds or so. Other then that its pretty much doing nothing. I don't get an indication that the battery is charging, there is no LG logo screen and or any indications of any sort of life. I was running the stock rom or os as it was installed from the factory with ICS. Nothing out of the norm or any crazy custom roms installed. However i did have it rooted. Even with it rooted i didn't really do anything extreme to it. I more or less just rooted the device and just went on about my normal business with it.

I feel as though i should also mention i've tried to do a hard reset(not sure if thats the right term) by holding the vol down rocker + power..It just won't respond. I've also tried getting it into Emergency mode? by using the combination of vol up+dwn+pwr. No such luck.

Again i apologize for creating a new thread as this I'm sure has been answered some where on the web..I've looked now for almost 3 days and haven't found a solution of any sort. The only solution I'm considering at this point is the fact that i can go get a new phone from metropcs being the same unit on sale for $29 and first months bill out the door, down side is a new number. Other wise because my phone is 4 months old and it is under warranty but is beyond the first 30 days i have to still pay $30 per MetroPCS warranty. As i said i would like to get this one working again as i really don't want to have to go and pay for a new phone, not to mention i've some of you magicians here do some pretty amazing work with these devices. I guess i'm just hoping one of you can help me pull out a miracle and help me to fix this issue.

Personally I'd rather donate money to the dev's and the individuals here on forums such as these that put in the time and effort to make these things possible for us rather then just go buy a new phone and have to pay for it again when it breaks because its under "warranty". Besides donating to show appreciation to the devs and people here on these forums makes more sense to me as opposed to handing it over to a company like MetroPCS who doesn't seem to really care if your device is working or not. Why they offer the warranty for 1 year is beyond me when they say you only have 30 days to get a free replacement. After that your apparently liable to pay $30 to replace it.

Any and all suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks you again!

Looks to me like your another car charger victim...trust me your not the first. All you can do now is get it replaced :/

:( After reading through the threads here on AF and other sites...I see this becoming an all to real reality for me. I was charging it in the car...with a charger i picked up on the fly and in need of at as you guessed it...Walmart...

Now i'm just stuck between either getting another motion because i like the phone..just not the charging issues...or considering either an Avid or a Premia :thinking:

Upvote 0
I have luck with several motions
By
Battery out back in
Plug charger
Repeat
Took awhile but worked

I tried this quite a few times over the course of the last 2 days or so...this now being day 3...I've tried leaving it out for a few hours...leaving it in...taking out the sim and sd cards...neither have repaired and or allowed me to turn it on..hell i'd be happy even if it was stuck in a boot loop...at least i could fix that. But the fact that i can't even get it turned on, nor get the pc to recognize it is really just a kick in the groin. :shot: Without it being picked up from the PC its pretty much just making sure the paper work on my desk isn't blown around from the non-existent breeze. /sarcasm :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Yea I'm on my 7th replacement LG Motion because of this. I don't know what to do anymore, since I need to charge in my car for work. I got my phone in the beginning of march and I've been through 6 phones this being my 7th. Fortunatly they will replace it under warranty for free, so do that and then get them to credit your account for all the days you couldn't use your phone, because it's going to be about a week before they get your replacement phone in. good luck. I'm ready to leave METROPCS over this crap. but I cna't find any other service that is as fast with the same coverage for AROUND the same price.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones