• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Optimus 2X / P990 Reviews and Videos

Yep me too, I'm ashamed to say.... Maybe we should wait for post release reviews? Also the very same could happen with HTC etc? :thinking: It is of course entirely possible we have hyper sensitised ourselves.

So completely true, if only LG could see this thread about how excited we were at the start of it, then slowly as the bad reviews come in, our attitudes change, I really like the entire package you get with this phone, but LG really need to sort their stuff out, or as you said it could be us being hypersensitized to the whole thing, i'm having withdrawal symptoms and it isn't even in my hands yet!

Upvote 0
Well, that's just one review with possibly pre-production version. So they complain on buggy software because of car home eating battery and some lags in browsing? Who knows if they opened GPS map or navigation app and closed but don't remember?

I think you guys are reading too much into early reviews. I usually take them with some grain of salt. I have not seen single smart-phone that doesn't have any lags in browsing and small glitches here and there. Lags in browsing can be caused by number of things, wireless network status, busy web server, etc, not necessarily due to phone.

Upvote 0
Well, that's just one review with possibly pre-production version. So they complain on buggy software because of car home eating battery and some lags in browsing? Who knows if they opened GPS map or navigation app and closed but don't remember?

I think you guys are reading too much into early reviews. I usually take them with some grain of salt. I have not seen single smart-phone that doesn't have any lags in browsing and small glitches here and there. Lags in browsing can be caused by number of things, wireless network status, busy web server, etc, not necessarily due to phone.

I suspect your right.... One of the most thorough reviews from AnandTech may give us reassurance of this..
"the 2X is without a doubt the best Android phone I've used to date. Android is finally fast enough that for a lot of the tasks I care about (especially web browsing) it's appreciably faster than the iPhone 4. At the same time, battery doesn't take a gigantic hit, and the IPS display is awesome. The software instability issues (which are admittedly pre-launch bugs) are the only thing holding me back from using it 24/7. How the 2X fares when Gingerbread gets ported to it will also make a huge difference,"
And if that's not enough according to Joe O from the LG blog "a 2.3 upgrade has been slated to follow shortly after the the release." Sounds like its time reconvein the support group. LOL:(

Upvote 0
I've made a solid choice, i'm getting this phone, it looks amazing, the UI looks amazing from the reviews, and to be honest the camera is amazing for me as well, I just got myself feeling down from what other people were saying, but I don't care, it works, it looks like it works well, im going for it!

Upvote 0
FYI with some info from MWC about LG's software glitches being fixed (since there was barely any coverage of LG's presser which I could find beside the tablet)-

"....We've already taken a look at the LG Optimus 2X, the first dual-core phone, and found that it brought Android an appreciable speed increase. The software on the Optimus 2X is getting more stable - we're told the instability we saw in our review unit is totally fixed in newer builds, which we're having flashed. "

So don't fret too much over pre-release software being a bit buggy on phones which aren't even announced yet for TMo (which would be nice if they hurried up and announced w/4g).

From Anand

LG Announces 4-Pronged Mobile Strategy for 2011 - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones