• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Optimus 2X / P990 Reviews and Videos

I want a new phone and the LG seems to have the most bang for your buck. But I have read in several reviews that the audio quality over headphones isn't good. Does anyone know if this is also the case in the newest versions of the os?

No idea, sorry. I suspect it's too soon for info of that nature. You'd be best keeping an eye out for an updated audio review from anandtech, they are getting a test unit flashed. LG Announces 4-Pronged Mobile Strategy for 2011 - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

I just plucked this:
"It's got a Wolfson WM8994 - audio sounds great. I'll definitely consider audio benchmarks as well going forward.
-Brian " from the comment section found here: http://www.anandtech.com/show/4144/...tegra-2-review-the-first-dual-core-smartphone So hopefully it will be sorted out by a software update.

If your an audiophile I bet your choice of headphone's/source file bit-rate may make more of a difference?

Upvote 0
Quote:"
1. I would definitely recommend the phone, lightning fast, HDMI and all that makes a difference for sure (I've been bringing the phone around, so simple to connect and show pictures/videos/1080p movies! etc.
2. I'd say that it's a tad bit big but the screen makes it up. The Atrix has a bigger battery and I wouldn't mind that, even though the battery life definitely lasts longer than on my Nexus.
3. Never ever experienced any lags, I tested the phone against an iPhone 4 (cleared all history cache etc, removed the sims, wifi Only) and then ran the 10 top used websites (facebook, msn, google, myspace, youtube, blogger, wikipedia, live, etc..) the 2X loading time was quicker in every case and sometimes much quicker (facebook, myspace).
4. LG has confirmed that they'll release Gingerbread for the 2x, and there is update/OTA under settings, as well as LG Mobile Update from the PC.
5. SuperOneClick works, I've used Z4Root myself but it doesn't seem to work for all ROMs. You can count on custom ROMs, this will be the Mothership of all phones at the time of the release.

I had about 6.25 GB of free space when I got the phone. So the system does eat a bit of the 8GB cake.

//Dave"

[Q] Considiring to get a O2X - xda-developers

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
The LG software has some really brilliant ideas behind it, ie you can make tabs and sort apps in the overview. The gallery is absolutely super cool. Lots of nifty stuff there, it way cool. I had some trouble exiting the camera with the back button, so i got impatient and started spamming the back and home button and now its completely ****ed up. Even removing the battery has not salvaged the situation, the camera does not work at all anymore! I really LOVE the phone, the LG software look is way cooler than htc sence but its current state is having me thinking about returning it. So sad about that. edit. I will exchange it monday, maybe i was unluckey and got a defect. edit 2: Just made a factory reset and camera still dont work, just screen flicker in image. I think i got a defective phone, i will let u know what happens.

Upvote 0
The LG software has some really brilliant ideas behind it, ie you can make tabs and sort apps in the overview. The gallery is absolutely super cool. Lots of nifty stuff there, it way cool. I had some trouble exiting the camera with the back button, so i got impatient and started spamming the back and home button and now its completely ****ed up. Even removing the battery has not salvaged the situation, the camera does not work at all anymore! I really LOVE the phone, the LG software look is way cooler than htc sence but its current state is having me thinking about returning it. So sad about that. edit. I will exchange it monday, maybe i was unluckey and got a defect. edit 2: Just made a factory reset and camera still dont work, just screen flicker in image. I think i got a defective phone, i will let u know what happens.

My carrier declared the phone D.O.A. and gave me another. Everything now works as it should. The phone is brilliant!

Reactions: jroc
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones