1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

LG Optimus 2x ROM missingSupport

1. KsRA125

KsRA125 New Member

Hello all,

I was realding these forums for a day now and couldn't find my answer se here i am asking.

My LG Optimus 2x P990 has 512MB Rom on papaer, but system informations tells me i have a total of 382MB. I have tried 4 different app to check it. (one even told me that CPU Core: 1. i hope that is not true)

I have heard that Android dose not map all the ROM no matter wich kind of phone. Can that be the case?

Cheers in forvard

Advertisement
  2. phaet2112

phaet2112 Member

You mean 512 mb of RAM- the ROM is the onboard storage which is hardwired into the phone, which begins at 8 GB before Android system files take up a few gigs.

The phone shows 382 RAM because the Tegra 2 video GPU reserves some of the RAM (128mb) much like a PC takes up some of a normal computers' RAM for paging and such.
  3. KsRA125

KsRA125 New Member

Yes RAM thank you.

So for the missing RAM there is no point rooting.

1 more question: what eats the RAM up? when i start the phone it has ~200MB free but with time and use it decreases. At '50MB i have to restart the phone.

"Advanced App Killer" cant free it up and finds nothing that consumes the missing RAM.
  4. BatfinkUK1

BatfinkUK1 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry about how much free RAM you have, it's volatile memory and as such is best left to the system to manage. Also I believe Advanced Task Killer is not required. See Droid Den - Android Guide: Should I Use a Task Killer - Droid Den (Thanks Lekky):)

Rooting is about having the "Super User" access so you can load custom ROM's etc.:D
  5. KsRA125

KsRA125 New Member

BatfinkUK1: i have read the article. if this is the case then im happy. BUT!
    The phone have factory apps, like music, fsecure, "Car Home". I have never started "Car home" yet altho advanced task killer shows it as runing with another bounc of factory apps i never use.
    can i stop them from getting them runing? or can i remove them (i bet that is for the root). If i can put them on a "only start when i let u" state that would be the best.
  6. BatfinkUK1

BatfinkUK1 Well-Known Member

7. aMpeX

aMpeX Well-Known Member

you should force stop Car Home after every boot, because it is faulty and eats your battery. It's LGs fault, and a known issue.