LG Optimus 2x ROM missingSupport

1. KsRA125

KsRA125 New Member

Hello all,

I was realding these forums for a day now and couldn't find my answer se here i am asking.

My LG Optimus 2x P990 has 512MB Rom on papaer, but system informations tells me i have a total of 382MB. I have tried 4 different app to check it. (one even told me that CPU Core: 1. i hope that is not true)

I have heard that Android dose not map all the ROM no matter wich kind of phone. Can that be the case?

Cheers in forvard

Advertisement
    :
  2. phaet2112

phaet2112 Member

You mean 512 mb of RAM- the ROM is the onboard storage which is hardwired into the phone, which begins at 8 GB before Android system files take up a few gigs.

The phone shows 382 RAM because the Tegra 2 video GPU reserves some of the RAM (128mb) much like a PC takes up some of a normal computers' RAM for paging and such.
  3. KsRA125

KsRA125 New Member

Yes RAM thank you.

So for the missing RAM there is no point rooting.

1 more question: what eats the RAM up? when i start the phone it has ~200MB free but with time and use it decreases. At '50MB i have to restart the phone.

"Advanced App Killer" cant free it up and finds nothing that consumes the missing RAM.
  4. BatfinkUK1

BatfinkUK1 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry about how much free RAM you have, it's volatile memory and as such is best left to the system to manage. Also I believe Advanced Task Killer is not required. See Droid Den - Android Guide: Should I Use a Task Killer - Droid Den (Thanks Lekky):)

Rooting is about having the "Super User" access so you can load custom ROM's etc.:D
  5. KsRA125

KsRA125 New Member

BatfinkUK1: i have read the article. if this is the case then im happy. BUT!
    The phone have factory apps, like music, fsecure, "Car Home". I have never started "Car home" yet altho advanced task killer shows it as runing with another bounc of factory apps i never use.
    can i stop them from getting them runing? or can i remove them (i bet that is for the root). If i can put them on a "only start when i let u" state that would be the best.
  6. BatfinkUK1

BatfinkUK1 Well-Known Member

7. aMpeX

aMpeX Well-Known Member

you should force stop Car Home after every boot, because it is faulty and eats your battery. It's LGs fault, and a known issue.