Support LG Optimus Elite 3G loss

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jude012, Feb 8, 2013.

1. jude012

jude012 New Member

Feb 8, 2013
    I've had my phone for about 6 months now. It has worked great, except I would occasionally lose 3G temporarily, but could get it back by turning Airplane mode on and off. I realized this week I've lost it competely, and nothing seems to restore it now. I didn't notice it was gone for a while, because I use WIFI a lot at home and at work.

I called VM, & they promised to have tech support get back to me in 2-3 days, but it's been 3 days & no call. Anyone else out there had problems with this?

Advertisement
  2. kduke66

kduke66 Member

Aug 29, 2011
    There is a nation wide 3g service outage going on right now.. Its suppose to be fixed by the end of the day.. and its been going all month long for a lot of customers. Mine just started about a week ago.. Had to do with updates on their end, the accounts department update, and something with the actual antenna they use. (I'm assuming, moving from a rented tower to a sprint tower)

3. snorge

snorge Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2009
    how many times have they told you it would be fixed by the end of the day?

4. kduke66

kduke66 Member

Aug 29, 2011

More than I'd like to count.. 3 times so far.. Their facebook page is so much fun to read.

5. giantpune

giantpune Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    I've got an open ticket from over a month ago. They don't know how to fix the issue, so I'm stuck in a similar "call back in 3 days and check back with us" loop.

6. Ken C

Ken C Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Male
    freelance home maintenance contractor
    land of sun and sand (florida)
    That's because the people on these forums know more about our devices than the reps do.:rolleyes:

7. DaveM6

DaveM6 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2013
    I'd believe its tower outages..... but when my Optimus slider is flying at constant 3g speed, 6 inches from my 2g elite.... there's a problem lol

jamoosh likes this.