• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lg Optimus F3 Problems

So heres goes nothing A long time ago, about 4 or 5 months. I got an over the air update from lg and at the time all i had for internet was a shitty hotspot. It was about a 40mb software update and I believe it was for version 7? After it downloaded I tried to restart and install but instead of installing it showed the little android with its chest open and it had a caution symbol over it and ever since then the phone does not boot and i can't even hard reset it without it freezing. I've gotten a new one since then but i would still like to fix this one. If anyone could help me fix it I would really appreciate it. Its an LG Optimus F3 by virgin mobile but I dont need the actual carrier services.

So heres goes nothing A long time ago, about 4 or 5 months. I got an over the air update from lg and at the time all i had for internet was a shitty hotspot. It was about a 40mb software update and I believe it was for version 7? After it downloaded I tried to restart and install but instead of installing it showed the little android with its chest open and it had a caution symbol over it and ever since then the phone does not boot and i can't even hard reset it without it freezing. I've gotten a new one since then but i would still like to fix this one. If anyone could help me fix it I would really appreciate it. Its an LG Optimus F3 by virgin mobile but I dont need the actual carrier services.
Look through the forum the sprint is same as the VM u can try the un brick kit go and read through the threads there take ur time exclusive can help pm him he knows this phone really good hope this helps u out some

Last edited:
Upvote 0
sounds like its forcing you into recovery mode. Download the lg update suit. Plug your phone in. If it asks to install drivers do so. If it does not detect it then enter download mode by pluging in the usb before boot and holding vol up while booting. If that doesnt get you into dl mode look up the key combination for your phone. Once in dl mode, see if it detects. Once detected go to the help menu and select update recovery, wait for it to install, the phone will reboot at the end and bam! Your booted and you havent lost your apps and data. If this method does not work please reply to me and i will post the second option witch is garanteed to work but you will lose yiur data

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones